Author Topic: Skelbrooke 8th April 2017  (Read 956 times)

Offline Ashley Hoyland

• Global Moderator
  • FAI Class Poster
  • Flying Class: FAI Pilot (P)
  • Other Status: Contest Director
Skelbrooke 8th April 2017
« on: 04, March 2017, 04:05:14 AM »

All Schedules.

Pilots with BMFA 'A' Certificate are able to enter this competition flying the Clubman schedule.

Visitors are very welcome please contact CD for details.  (There are no facilities at this site).

Pilots Briefing 08.45.  First flight 09.00 (not IC powered to comply with site rules).

I aim to fly 3 rounds. 'Late Entries' will be accepted but a reserve list may be started at 16. (this number may vary with the mix of entries).

May I ask for two FAI pilots to judge Clubman, Intermediate

Clubman and Intermediate pilots especially welcome!

Please note this is a Saturday competition due to flying site restrictions.

Competition entry
http://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/ejdRolp3f4Txck19   CD Ashley Hoyland

Clubman

Intermediate

Masters

Steve Edwards (unconfirmed)

FAI P17

Leslaw Pyztocki
Adam Lomax
Gerhard Fehringer
Brian Hoare
Matt Hoyland
Dan Workman
Adrian Harrison
Ken Moss
Chris Halgreen
Steve Hunt
Ashley Hoyland
Keith Jackson

Please note I have only one judge for this competition.  Thank you Peter Cappleman. 

Please let me know as soon as possible if you are available to judge FAI and Masters.
« Last Edit: 31, March 2017, 09:21:12 PM by Ashley Hoyland »

Offline Ashley Hoyland

• Global Moderator
  • FAI Class Poster
Re: Skelbrooke 8th April 2017
« Reply #1 on: 11, March 2017, 09:29:12 PM »
Dear All

Following the committee meeting today we are going to experiment at Skelbrooke with a system which can hopefully be used in any domestic competition where the none availability of judges makes it difficult.  For those who were at the Grimsby competition 2 or 3 years ago you will remember a similar system which worked well for Peter Scoles and competitors alike.

Attached is a random number generated flying order and judging duties for the day.  I have published this now so there are no surprises on the day.  Although you may have differing ideas could I please ask that we discuss these after the competition when we are in possession of all the facts.

This also means that we would need 3 scribes chairs to be filled through the day, so anyone not on judging duty will need to help out, probably on more occasions than in the past.  Our scribes would also be using for the first time in a F3A competition the computer tablets to input the scores, which is working so well for our F3P competitions.

We have a good entry for the competition with five spaces to be filled (17:15 11 03 2017) and we can hopefully find a way forward which will be acceptable to everyone.
« Last Edit: 12, March 2017, 09:33:09 AM by Ashley Hoyland »

Offline Steve Edwards

• GBRCAA Member
  • Advanced Class Poster
« Reply #2 on: 12, March 2017, 11:51:00 AM »
Hi Ashley

Can you put me provis for Masters please, depends how much practice I can get in the next few weeks

Thank you

Steve

Offline Matt Hoyland

• Administrator
  • FAI Class Poster
  • Flying Class: FAI Pilot (P&F)
« Reply #3 on: 07, April 2017, 07:20:13 PM »

A reminder that we will use the electronic scoring system for the first time at this F3A competition.  I have attached the guide on how to use it, a few things have been updated but the basic principles haven't changed.  90% of problems during F3P competitions have been down to the user so please familiarise yourself with the basics and follow the guidelines below.

Do..
  • Check you have selected the correct competitor
  • Check you are scoring the correct round
  • Use the stylus provided
  • Use the laptop and screen to look at your scores - no printed results or score sheets will be provided but they will be published on the forum. (Adam, Dad, Steve, Adrian and Brian all have experience so I am sure they will help if I'm busy)
Don't...
  • Panic.  If its not working then simply write the judges score on the paper provided.  Don't distract your judge or the pilot.
  • Let your second/holding hand touch the screen while performing an operation with the other.
  • Close the keyboard with the small red cross

Offline Steve Hunt

• Global Moderator
  • Masters Class Poster
  • Other Status: None
« Reply #4 on: 07, April 2017, 08:08:15 PM »
Should be fun  :)

see you all in the morning for the 1st comp of the season.

Steve

Offline Matt Hoyland

• Administrator
  • FAI Class Poster
  • Flying Class: FAI Pilot (P&F)
« Reply #5 on: 08, April 2017, 07:21:11 PM »
Please find the results and scores from todays competition at Skelbrooke.  The results have also been added to the 2017 League Table.

Offline Leslaw Przytocki

• GBRCAA Member
  • Advanced Class Poster
  • GBRCAA member
« Reply #6 on: 08, April 2017, 10:08:50 PM »
 Thank you Ashley, Matt, Steve H and all the others for a very  nice day with not so bad wheather ;)
Perfect intro in to a new season:)

Ower new score tablet system it is very very good step ahead for all of us and it is really works perfect. I would like to say to Matt once again- Great job , well done -thank you !!!

Les

Offline Ashley Hoyland

• Global Moderator
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #7 on: 09, April 2017, 09:06:50 AM »

Thank you all for your cooperation to make yesterday a success and particular thanks to Matt for looking after the scoring system.

I hope everyone got home safely.

I will complete the photo upload and report on the gallery as soon as poss.

Thanks again.

Ashley

Offline Adrian Harrison

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #8 on: 09, April 2017, 10:22:03 AM »
I thought the pilot judging rota was a success and something we will probably need to consider at other competitions.
The scoring system worked really well, thanks to Matt for the development work and the organising team(SH and AH) for getting it to the site and running it.
As a competitor it is really great to have instant access to your scores and analysis it is a huge step forward for the GBRCAA
The large monitor is excellent but clearly an issue transporting it around.
(Perhaps as an association we should consider a smaller unit for convenience)
A super start to the season.
Adrian

Offline Keith Jackson

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #9 on: 09, April 2017, 04:53:53 PM »
I would like to add my thanks to Ashley, Matt and Steve for organising this event. Ran like clockwork. Clearly the scoring system added to the ease of running the event. It appeared to run flawlessly and was very easy to use as a scribe. Thanks again to Matt for developing this for th association

Keith

Offline Ashley Hoyland

• Global Moderator
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #10 on: 10, April 2017, 08:28:26 AM »

Photographs have now been uploaded.

Please let me know if there are any errors or problems.

Ashley

Offline Stuart Mellor

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
  • Flying Class: None
« Reply #11 on: 10, April 2017, 12:02:16 PM »

Just to add my congrats to Matt for perfecting the scoring system. Must have been a huge undertaking ( especially with big personal events taking place) Hope it leads to a much easier life for the scorers. Sorry I couldn't judge but pleased to be redundant (for once!)

Stuart