Author Topic: Clubman Event in East Anglia  (Read 821 times)

Offline Peter Jenkins

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
  • Flying Class: FAI Pilot (P)
  • Other Status: FAI Pilot (P)
Clubman Event in East Anglia
« on: 04, April 2017, 12:53:26 AM »
The BMFA East Anglia Area is sponsoring four events in 2017 called Clubman Events. These are being hosted by 4 Clubs in East Anglia. The object is to coach club pilots who wish to learn how to fly aerobatics (precision and not 3D that is) to come along and get expert tuition from pilots who currently fly in aerobatic competitions.  The GBR/CAA Clubman manoeuvres will be what are being coached. Pilots can enter more than once at a fee of £5 for each event. Each event will have up to 12 pilots and 3 or 4 mentors.
The dates and locations are as follows:
  • Sunday 30th April - Raydon, Suffolk
  • Sunday 21st April - Harlow, Essex
  • Saturday 17th June - Wymondham, Norfolk
  • Sunday 20th Aug - Tendering, Essex
  • Please PM me with your email address if you would like a briefing note and an entry form. Please let me know which dates you wish to enter for as there will be different entry forms for each location.
    I will give preference to pilots from Clubs in the East Anglia Area but if you are from outside this Area you may get in if there are vacancies.
    I hope to run an NPOD in September as well and will make an announcement on that a bit later.  Attending the Clubman Event will obviously be helpful if you wish to enter the NPOD.
    Peter
« Last Edit: 21, June 2017, 11:31:07 PM by Peter Jenkins »

Offline Mick Broad

• GBRCAA Member
  • Clubman Class Poster
  • Flying Class: Intermediate Pilot
  • Other Status: Intermediate Pilot
Re: Clubman Event in East Anglia
« Reply #1 on: 21, May 2017, 08:23:41 PM »
Hi Peter I hav just returned from a great days tuition at the Harlow club new pilot trading day , I have got to say a huge thank you to all the mentors today as well as the Harlow club for their hospitality and to its club members for supporting us newbies.

I am sure I'm correct in saying we all had a great day and all learnt to improve our flying. Was a great day and just shows the potential level of interest from A cart level upwards.

A big thank you to you all and in regards to Peter  for the great organisation of the day

See you again soon

Offline Mike rieder

• GBRCAA Member
  • Clubman Class Poster
  • Flying Class: None
  • Other Status: None
« Reply #2 on: 21, May 2017, 09:32:39 PM »
Here here Mick, a great day and lots of great sensible advice, to allow new flyers into aerobatics develop. Thanks to all who generously gave up their Sunday to help us get a foot on the ladder, towards entering a comp.

Offline Peter Jenkins

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #3 on: 06, June 2017, 12:14:01 AM »
Really pleased you guys enjoyed it.  There will be more fun at the next Clubman Event on 17th June 2017 at the South Norfolk Club provided the weather smiles on us as it did at Harlow.

Big thank you to the Harlow Club for agreeing to host the event.

Offline Garry Peacock

• GBRCAA Member
  • Advanced Class Poster
« Reply #4 on: 06, June 2017, 12:12:29 PM »
It really was a fabulous day. By the afternoon we had all those taking part plus quite a few of our members watching and every single person I spoke  said it was superb.
Thank you to Peter for getting this format together and running the event..
Also a great report and pictures on our photo gallery.

Garry

Offline Mike rieder

• GBRCAA Member
  • Clubman Class Poster
« Reply #5 on: 17, June 2017, 09:45:38 PM »
Another great Clubman day, this time held at Wymondhm, the weather was very kind to us with a light brease a pleasntly challenging 90 degree to the flight line.
I was mentored by Adrian Harrison who quickly put me at ease and manage to straighten out a number of my errors so i can now go away and practice till prefect (or a t least a bit better than last time!), thanks Adrian it was a pleaure to meet you.
Big thank you as always to espescially Peter for making it all happen and putting in the man hours to make it feel seamless and allow us to get the most out of it. Also to all the metors for gifting thier time to help me (and i am sure i speak for all the pilots) develop and SNMC for thier hospitality and use of the field.

Offline Adrian Harrison

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #6 on: 19, June 2017, 10:58:45 PM »
A  really enjoyable day at Suton.
Thank you Peter for your organisation which would be an ideal blue print for similar events in other areas.
The welcome and hospitality provided by the SN MFC was really great.
Thank you also to the pilots your enthusiasm was infectious.
Hopefully we can get together again in the near future.
Regards
Adrian

ps Kevin ...  how is that trim issue coming along?

Offline Peter Jenkins

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #7 on: 20, June 2017, 10:27:32 AM »
Thanks for the kind words to Mike and Adrian.  Thank you for flying P17 and F17 which certainly got the attention of the assembled pilots!  I think back to the impact of seeing the P and F flown for the first time and how it just blew me away and made me want to get into precision aerobatics in a big way.  I hope we get a few of the assembled pilots similarly enthused.  Look forward to seeing you at the Tendring Clubman Event.

Peter

Offline grissk

• Clubman Class Poster
« Reply #8 on: 25, June 2017, 02:18:46 PM »
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for all your help.  I've spent somemore time adjusting the elevator servo balance and have increase the spring tension on my transmitter.  Three flights in and i can see some improvements. 

Regards,

Kev

Offline Adrian Harrison

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #9 on: 26, June 2017, 10:59:44 PM »
That's progress then Kev, pity we did not have more time any chance you will be at Tendring?
Adrian

Offline Peter Jenkins

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #10 on: 27, June 2017, 06:52:50 PM »
Plenty of room Kev!

Offline grissk

• Clubman Class Poster
« Reply #11 on: 27, June 2017, 10:09:53 PM »
Hi Adrian & Peter. 

Sadly I'm away on holiday over that weekend.  I'll be praticing ready for a future event.

Kev

Offline Peter Jenkins

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #12 on: 28, June 2017, 12:37:26 AM »
NPOD on 23rd Sept Kev?