Author Topic: East Anglia NPOD - 23 Sep 17  (Read 498 times)

Offline Peter Jenkins

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
  • Flying Class: FAI Pilot (P)
  • Other Status: FAI Pilot (P)
East Anglia NPOD - 23 Sep 17
« on: 23, August 2017, 11:39:40 PM »
I am running an NPOD at the Bury MFC in East Anglia on Saturday 23rd September 2017.

Currently, I have 9 places vacant.  If you would like to take part then please PM me with your email and I'll send you a briefing note and entry form.

I normally give preference to any pilot in the BMFA East Anglia Area but we seem to be short of takers and so I have opened this out to all pilots provided you are a BMFA member.

If you are considering entering either of the competitions in East Anglia (1st Oct at Sculthorpe or 7th Oct at Baldock) coming to this NPOD will be a great way to ease yourself into a full GBR/CAA competition.

Peter

Offline Mick Broad

• GBRCAA Member
  • Clubman Class Poster
  • Flying Class: Clubman Pilot
  • Other Status: Clubman Pilot
Re: East Anglia NPOD - 23 Sep 17
« Reply #1 on: 23, September 2017, 11:45:01 PM »
Hi all

Just completed the npod at Bury, yet again strong turn out and great support from the host club as well.

Was an interesting day and whilst I have along way to go I really feel that it's starting to sink in albeit slowly

I think we all had a good day even with the turbulent gusts and everyone left smiling

So a big thank you to Peter for all his efforts and to Kevin,Chris and Mark for acting as mentors and helping us all improve

Great job fellas

Regards

Mick broad

Offline Peter Jenkins

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #2 on: 24, September 2017, 09:14:05 AM »
Thank you Mick.

See you at the next 2 comps where you can see your efforts get their just rewards - we hope! :)

Peter

Offline Kevin Caton

• GBRCAA Member
  • Masters Class Poster
  • Flying Class: FAI Pilot (P&F)
  • Other Status: FAI Pilot (P&F)
« Reply #3 on: 24, September 2017, 08:23:21 PM »
Can I add my thanks to Peter and his team from Bury MFC who looked after us very well all day, with ample food and drink. Also my congratulations to everyone who turned out to fly in quite difficult conditions with a steady crossing blowing out. Chris Bond and Mark Allen did a great job as fellow mentors - they both give great support to the GBRCAA.

To Wyndham Merlo, Mick Broad and Paul Day - well done. It's not easy flying in front of others under pressure and with me wittering in your ear - you all coped very well. Commiserations though to Paul who took home a couple of "modified" airframes.

I even managed a couple of cheeky flights of the new 2018/19 schedules!

I really enjoyed the day and was sorry to have to leave early. Count me in for the next one.

Kevin

Offline Peter Jenkins

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #4 on: 24, September 2017, 11:10:45 PM »
We all appreciated your "cheeky" flights Kevin.  I heard several attendees say they were unable to comprehend how you flee them!  I think the impact of seeing the FAI Schedules flown for the first is one of my major aims at the NPODs i've run.  I always remember the impact of seeing a 2 mtr electric powered birdflying an FAI schedule for the first time.  Daunting and exhilarating in equal measures!

Online Keith Jackson

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #5 on: 25, September 2017, 08:39:35 AM »
Hi Peter,

I can empathise with seeing FAI schedules flown and the impact they have on pilots who have not encountered them before. My own experience started in Scotland watching Steve Burgess (Fresh Aire / YS 120AC) and Malcolm Harris (Summit III / YS 120AC). The noise (lack of), performance and the presence of these models left a lasting impression on me, and was so far from what my Chilli Breeze/Irvine 36 had allowed me to experience.

Its great that you had several GBRCAA pilots helping out yesterday; I'd hope be in a position to get involved out in the future, especially if there are any Npods closer to Cheshire

Keith

Offline Peter Jenkins

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #6 on: 25, September 2017, 09:47:28 AM »
Hi Keith

I have to say that I've always had great support from GBR/CAA pilots right from the first NPOD I organised.  This was the fifth one over 6 years and the support remains solid.  The feedback from these guys has always been very positive as they can see the great improvement in the flying of their students during the day.

These NPODs have resulted in a significant number of pilots entering full GBR/CAA competitions but not as many as I had hoped.  Also, some having come into competition flying have sadly stopped competing.

Let's hope that more pilots find F3A the spark they need to galvanise them into joining the fun in competition.

Peter