Author Topic: 3rd Centralised event Ashbourne 11th June 2017 reserve list in place  (Read 3283 times)

Offline Brian Hoare

• GBRCAA Member
  • Advanced Class Poster
  • Flying Class: FAI Pilot (P)
  • Other Status: None
3rd Centralised Ashbourne 11th June 2017

This competition will be open to all BMFA members holding a B certificate.
All GBRCAA schedules to be flown subject to the following.

Team selection pilots (P and F schedule) will have priority. Should the number of entries exceed 16 a reserve list will be in operation.
Please note that pilots holding a current 'A' certificate will be welcome to enter the 'Clubman' competition. subject to confirmation from our club committee.
Model processing for P&F competitors will commence at 8am.
GATE MANNED TILL 8.30
Pilots briefing 8.45am first flight 9.00am.

P&F Team Selection
1. Adrian Mansell
2. Gerhard Fehringer
3. Chris Halgreen
4. Adam Lomax
5. Steve Underwood
6. Arthur Silsby
7. Keith Jackson
8. Adrian Harrison
9. Gary Peacock

P only   
Brian Hoare
Ian Mould
ken Moss

Clubman
Graeme Jones

OTHER THAN TEAM PILOTS ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED

Judges - 1st- Peter Capperman, Alan Simmonds, Gary Armstrong

Site location;- On arriving at Ashbourne flying field please note the entrance has moved 100 yds further long Lady Hole Lane. You now enter along the active runway please drive down the right hand side. The entrance to the airfield is found on the East side of the town, off the A52 Derby road.
From the East (Derby), as you approach Ashbourne on the A52 you come to a crossroads for Osmaston (left) and Bradley (right), Lady Hole Lane. Turn onto Lady Hole lane and approximately 200yds on the left is the entrance to the airfield.
From the West (Leek), continue through ashbourne following the signs for A52 Derby, do not follow AIRFIELD INDUSTRIAL ESTATE signs, again you will  approach a crossroads, turn left onto Lady Hole Lane.
please note
When entering ACTIVE airfield keep right of runway and be conscious of any aircraft activity. If aircraft on runway or on approach wait at gate until all clear.
The gate will be open from 7.30am to 8.30am subject to volunter, If you are running late please contact me on 07962358470
« Last Edit: 10, June 2017, 08:44:49 PM by Brian Hoare »

Offline Steve Edwards

• GBRCAA Member
  • Advanced Class Poster
Re: 3rd Centralised event Ashbourne 11th June 2017
« Reply #1 on: 18, May 2017, 08:30:36 PM »
Hi Brian

can u please put me down for masters, thank u...payment made

Steve

Offline Brian Hoare

• GBRCAA Member
  • Advanced Class Poster
Evening all

Can I ask in advance for any volunteers from F3A P&F Pilots to allow our full time judges a break please.

Regards

Brico

YazooF3A

Hi Brian,

I  can be full time  judge if you want me.

Les

Offline Keith Jackson

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
Hi Brian,

I can judge other classes than the P & F group

Thanks

Keith

Offline Ashley Hoyland

• Global Moderator
  • FAI Class Poster
  • Other Status: Contest Director

From our rules:

5.2.2.3  There will be at least 2 judges, but preferably 3 judges. The GBR/CAA Chief Judge will decide who is qualified to judge these competitions and will with agreement with the Contest Director organise the judges for a particular competition.  The same judges should judge the Domestic Open ‘P’ only competition which runs concurrently.  Pilots may be asked to judge other schedules to the one they fly

Offline Keith Jackson

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
Ashley,

This is simply not helpful whatsoever

Keith

Offline Ashley Hoyland

• Global Moderator
  • FAI Class Poster

Hello Keith and all.

I am sorry you see I that way but it is just our rule which our 'P' only competitors at a Team Selection event would expect us to follow.

This has been the subject of many discussions in the past and it was always thought this was important so that 'P' only competitors who are competing for a place in the Triple Crown get comparable results.

Ashley

Offline Graeme Jones

• GBRCAA Member
  • Masters Class Poster
  • Flying Class: Clubman Pilot
Morning Brian - I see that I am now one of the reserve list pilots. What does that mean in practice? I ask because I need to book the campsite this weekend. The £60 payment for 3 nights is not refundable once made. Also, it's a 350 mile, 8 hour round trip. A long way just to watch.

Graeme

Offline Brian Hoare

• GBRCAA Member
  • Advanced Class Poster
Afternoon all especially Ashley

I would of preferred a phone call than your comment on the forum?

For your information I have asked for volunteer pilots to enable me from turning away the extra pilots who had entered before the F3A team pilots had only then to see they are suddenly on the reserve list.

Without differing from the rules Ashley I didn't here anyone complaining on how the last centralised was run. I had not implied in my post I was doing anything different than what the rules state but granted I hadn't clarified either.

Next time someone wants to question a CD's intention then ring them please.

Dear CURRENT reserve pilots, I am now happy to announce with the support of two F3A pilots we will be able to accept your entries. Steve E I believe you have already received your refund, if you still wish to still participate you can bring a cheque with you on the day. Please let me know

Thank you to Keith, Les for volunteering to judge and to Keith for his support

« Last Edit: 05, June 2017, 09:34:06 PM by Brian Hoare »

Offline Steve Edwards

• GBRCAA Member
  • Advanced Class Poster
Re: 3rd Centralised event Ashbourne 11th June 2017 reserve list in place
« Reply #10 on: 28, May 2017, 08:30:16 PM »
Hi Brian

thanks, no problem

Steve

Offline Stuart Mellor

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
  • Flying Class: None
« Reply #11 on: 28, May 2017, 10:18:18 PM »

Just looking at the rules - and competition entries being accepted up to 7 days before the competition (& indeed entries on the day with the CD's permission) - shouldn't we now have a deadline by which team selection people should have entered?

It can't be right that members enter other classes in good faith; have their entries accepted & then find themselves on the reserve list? All members have the right to make plans in good time, not have them trumped by potential team members who have a luxury not afforded to others.
« Last Edit: 28, May 2017, 10:26:51 PM by Stuart Mellor »

Offline Ashley Hoyland

• Global Moderator
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #12 on: 29, May 2017, 08:25:37 AM »

Dear Brian and all.

I am sorry I caused so much emotion by quoting a GBR/CAA rule. Having spent so much time making sure our rules match what I hear members want and what is approved at the AGM I felt bound to comment.

As a Committee Member and volunteer Contest Director of several competitions this year I certainly did not want to cause you Brian or any other Contest Director any more work.

However I felt I should remind competitors (which could include BMFA and none GBR/CAA members) what had caused discussion in previous years.

Thank you for telling us what you have done to make this work at your competition and I will submit a proposal (see below addition in bold and underlined) for a rule change at the AGM which should make it easier in the future.  I would of course welcome any help with the wording to make this amendment workable. 

I hope there will be an opportunity for everyone to put their views forward on this and Stuart's point and vote at the AGM.  (Will you be formulating a separate proposal Stuart)?

5.2.2.3  There will be at least 2 judges, but preferably 3 judges. The GBR/CAA Chief Judge will decide who is qualified to judge these competitions and will with agreement of the Contest Director organise the judges for a particular competition.  The same judges should judge the Domestic Open ‘P’ only competition which runs concurrently. However, if due to the availability of judges, or the mix of schedules being flown, with prior approval of the 'P' only competitors, our Contest Director may ask 'P and F' competitors to judge the 'Domestic Open 'P only competition.  Pilots may be asked to judge other schedules to the one they fly.

My apologies again for the obvious concerns I have caused.

Ashley

Offline Stuart Mellor

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
  • Flying Class: None
« Reply #13 on: 29, May 2017, 11:47:21 AM »

Ashley -not sure you have much to apologise about. I think all P competitors should be judged by the same judges as P & F - so I think the rule is Ok as it stands. But I don't like the way P only people are separated into a separate group. Everyone who flies a P needs to know how they rank with the best fliers. The only way to achieve that is for everyone to fly in one group & be judged by the same judges.

Also - I think a time limit for P & F entries needs to be in place. Surely if anyone should know their plans for the season - its potential team members. And now that Centralised comps are so well attended -I think time limits for entries should be seriously looked at.

Offline Graeme Jones

• GBRCAA Member
  • Masters Class Poster
  • Flying Class: Clubman Pilot
« Reply #14 on: 29, May 2017, 01:08:26 PM »
Congratulations and thanks to Brian for finding a way to fit us all in.

I find it strange that, on the one hand, competitions are over-subscribed, while on the other hand the Association is struggling to find new blood at the lower levels. An answer to the first problem might be more 2 day competitions, perhaps making use of the NFC to avoid problems for host clubs. The second is more difficult, but how about 2 day events with NPOD on day 1, competition on day 2?

Also, although I'm sure there are reasons of which I'm not aware, if so many are up for team selection, why have I read on another thread that we cannot find a third team member for this year?

Graeme