Author Topic: Skelbrooke Saturday 16th September - (Between Doncaster and Wakefield)  (Read 849 times)

Online Ashley Hoyland

• Global Moderator
  • FAI Class Poster
  • Flying Class: FAI Pilot (P)
  • Other Status: Contest Director

Later

Judge: Matt Hoyland plus additional pilots who will judge one round each.

As we are nearing the end of the season Matt has agreed to judge this competition but asked if we can judge him flying the P19 schedule, this would not of course feed into the league points.

If any other pilot would like to fly the P19 at Skelbrooke on the same understanding please let me know and we can split the P17 P19 pilots into 2 groups and judge each other.

All Schedules.

Pilots with BMFA 'A' Certificate are able to enter this competition flying the Clubman schedule.

Visitors are very welcome please contact CD for details.  (Please note, there are no facilities at this site).

Pilots Briefing 08.45.  First flight 09.00 (not IC powered to comply with site rules).

I aim to fly 3 rounds. 'Late Entries' will be accepted but a reserve list may be started at 16. (this number may vary with the mix of entries).

We will use the same system for judging that proved successful at the last Skelbrooke competition (unless we get two volunteer judges).  Peter Cappleman will be the senior judge but the other two judges seats will be filled by FAI pilots.  A final round will be flown to accommodate a third flight for those who missed a flight due to judging. 

I will issue the flying order with judges and scribe duties nearer the time when I know our full entry list.  (To be confirmed nearer the time). We may be using the computer system to record scores so I will copy below the instructions posted by Matt before the last competition at Skelbrooke if it is decided we use this system.

Clubman and Intermediate pilots especially welcome!

Please note this is a Saturday competition due to flying site restrictions.

Competition entry
http://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/ejdRolp3f4Txck19   CD Ashley Hoyland

Clubman

Richard Haynes.

Intermediate

Masters

FAI P17

Ashley Hoyland
Dan Workman
Gerhard Fehringer
Lee Backrath
Mark Pearce
Adam Lomax
Ken Moss

P19

Matt Hoyland
« Last Edit: 01, September 2017, 09:33:21 AM by Ashley Hoyland »

Online Ashley Hoyland

• Global Moderator
  • FAI Class Poster
Re: Skelbrooke Saturday 16th September - (Between Doncaster and Wakefield)
« Reply #1 on: 01, September 2017, 04:32:11 AM »

Additional information concerning this competition.

Judge: Matt Hoyland plus additional pilots who will judge one round each.

As we are nearing the end of the season Matt has agreed to judge this competition but asked if we can judge him flying the P19 schedule, this would not of course feed into the league points.

If any other pilot would like to fly the P19 at Skelbrooke on the same understanding please let me know and we can split the P17 P19 pilots into 2 groups and judge each other.

We need more entries to make this competition viable, and if any first time Clubman pilots (BMFA 'A' or 'B' certificate holders) would like to fly we will be particularly pleased and we will guide you through the day.
« Last Edit: 01, September 2017, 09:37:16 AM by Ashley Hoyland »

Online Ashley Hoyland

• Global Moderator
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #2 on: 04, September 2017, 08:03:07 PM »

Dear All

It would be good if we could get at least three more pilots to enter this competition. 

Please consider that if we can't get enough entries and we have to cancel the competition this time, Skelbrooke may not be available for future competitions.

The officials and members at Skelbrooke are very accommodating and we should do all we can to secure future competitions here.

Ashley
« Last Edit: 07, September 2017, 05:41:03 PM by Ashley Hoyland »

Online Ashley Hoyland

• Global Moderator
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #3 on: 13, September 2017, 11:01:11 AM »

If Chris from the Leeds area who normally visits our Skelbrooke competitions reads this please could you give me a ring.

Ashley

Online Ashley Hoyland

• Global Moderator
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #4 on: 14, September 2017, 11:59:47 AM »

I have emailed all competitors with details of the flight order etc., but there is still one timing conflict which we will sort out on the day, sorry about that.

I have suggested we have our Pilot's briefing at 9am with the first flight at 9:30.

I will be at the field from around 07:30.  Help would be appreciated to set up the scores tent.

Late entries are still welcome.

Ashley

« Last Edit: 14, September 2017, 01:15:15 PM by Ashley Hoyland »

Offline Matt Hoyland

• Administrator
  • FAI Class Poster
  • Flying Class: FAI Pilot (P&F)
« Reply #5 on: 16, September 2017, 05:48:24 PM »
Results and scores from Skelbrooke attached.  The scores have also been uploaded to the 2017 League Table.

Online Ashley Hoyland

• Global Moderator
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #6 on: 16, September 2017, 10:20:44 PM »

Thank you Matt, and everyone else who made this a very enjoyable day.

Ashley

Online Ashley Hoyland

• Global Moderator
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #7 on: 17, September 2017, 07:50:41 AM »

I have added some photographs to the photo gallery: http://www.gbrcaa.org/Photo/v/2017+Season/16+09+2017/

Ashley

Offline Gerhard Fehringer

• GBRCAA Member
  • Intermediate Class Poster
    • RCWINGS
  • Flying Class: FAI Pilot (P&F)
  • Other Status: None
« Reply #8 on: 17, September 2017, 08:04:22 AM »
Many thanks to everyone who made this such an enjoyable competition, including to Ashley who produced the trophies - just great. Skelbrooke is a great venue for a comp so really hope we'll be back in 2018. We were so lucky with the weather too - driving home up north in the evening I already got into heavy rain just north of Wetherby whilst the weather in Skelbrooke just seemed to be getting better as the day went on  :)
Best wishes
Gerhard