Author Topic: F3A World Championship 2017 - Argentina 3rd to 12th November 2017  (Read 8277 times)

Offline Eugene Anker

• GBRCAA Member
  • Clubman Class Poster
  • Flying Class: Advanced Pilot
  • Other Status: None
Re: F3A World Championship 2017 - Argentina 3rd to 12th November 2017
« Reply #90 on: 13, November 2017, 03:31:27 PM »
Hello everybody, well we are now all home, firstly sorry as it seems one of my posts from the semis is not posted. Yes we have made it through Argentina customs and got the models back.
We left our apartment at three fifteen Saturday night / Sunday morning and reached Britain this morning (6.30am 13.11.17)

what a final the wind was a hurricane, christophe zeroing a stall turn Onda flying was amazing, the ascent bi plane and the YS in that wind was fantastic.
But may I also say everybody that was in the final that day was amazing in the conditions. I feel sorry for Robin Trumpp who called the doctor out the night before and was to ill to fly.

Argentina is funny, we all awaiting by the winners podium for the results watching them get all the winners flags out, when the print out the reasons and put them up about an hour before the closing ceremony takes place

If you have not heard

1. Onda
2. Christophe
3. Shulman

USA wining the team event and Joseph Szczur winning the junior

The closing meal was not much better, no speeches, nothing for the pilots that had taken part. We all arrived had a model helicopter night time display followed by dinner a display of dancing and then people just drifting off.

Finally I would like to thank everybody that helped me and the team. I would like to thank the GBRCAA and BMFA for the opportunity of representing Great Britain as team manager and I would like to thank both Steve and Garry for the amazing job they did. WELL DONE TEAM GB

I now have a new found respect for Ashley Hoyland and the job he has performed so well at, and now I hand the TM batten back to him and wish him and the team well in the European Championships 2018 in Belgium.

It was my honour to serve many thanks

Offline Peter Jenkins

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
  • Flying Class: FAI Pilot (P)
  • Other Status: FAI Pilot (P)
« Reply #91 on: 13, November 2017, 05:44:55 PM »
Glad you have all got home safely and with your models.  Well done guys.

Peter

Offline JohnD

• Clubman Class Poster
  • Flying Class: None
  • Other Status: None
« Reply #92 on: 14, November 2017, 05:43:32 PM »
Welcome home guys.
Seeing the UK appear must have been a great relief!

John Dodd

Offline Bill Michie

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #93 on: 16, November 2017, 12:10:59 PM »
Welcome back to the Team and very Well Done in trying conditions!
Best Regards,

Bill