News:

New website released (click MAIN SITE above)

OptiPig Build

Started by Matt Hoyland, 03, March 2013, 07:37:01 PM

« previous - next »

barnesyboy

As we now know my Hybrid was 115g with lipo and the feather motor hauled it round no problem on the GWS 8 x 4.3 (I limited it to 63%) however in the early rounds I had my SG 9x2.1 on and this prop didnt seem to load the motor up at all and had no power. Dont know what it would be like on a 2.5

Ive got some ETOP props on the way to try on it so will let you all know when they arrive.

Motor is very light and great quality for the price.

BB

d.k

PT do a super light 9x3 that Rob now stocks. Looks like an ideal match.

Dave

Matt Hoyland

Thanks for the comments on motors, I am going to see what weight we're at when everything else is finished then make a decision.  The build is progressing slowly.

The elevator and ailerons have been stiffened using 0.7mm OD carbon tube.  Secured using white 10min Belli-Zell.

Matt Hoyland

Next is the fuselage bracing to the tailplane and wings.  1.0mm OD carbon tube is used for the main tailplane and wing struts and 0.7mm OD carbon tube for the rest.  Undercarriage legs are 1.5mm OD carbon tube.

Matt Hoyland

The lower caniliser added and first chance to turn it over and dry fit the top fuselage.  The fuselage is deep!

BrianH2

looking good Matt.  And I'm REALLY enjoying your unashamed product placement   8)   Mr Hinton-Lever should be very proud of you !  ;)

Matt Hoyland

Finally got round to finishing the Opti Pig.

Matt Hoyland

Couldn't resist trying the contra  ;D

Matt Hoyland

An Opti Pig could only use Opti Power batteries.  The 220mAh, 160mAh and 120mAh 2S cells from OptiPower should be available soon  8) .

Matt Hoyland

Final weight and specs.

112g RTF with OptiPOWER 2S 120mAh LiPo.
SG CRE 04 19 0.34 Motor with the SG 10x3.8 LVB & SG 10x3.8 RVF propeller
YGE 7 ESC
JR DS 318 on Aileron (Direct LiPo Voltage)
Dymond D47 on Elevator & Rudder (Direct LiPo Voltage)
Futaba R6004F RX
Futaba 18MZ TX

Matt Hoyland

Some better pictures from todays practise session.  Fly's very well!

ChrisC

Nice work Matt, looks good. How does the contra compare with conventional? Contacted Alexsey Lantsov about one of his units but not sure I can justify 300 euros for it for one comp(if I can even make it), will stick with my normal glavak for now.

Great news on the optipowers, Love the 430's so looking forward to trying the 120s!  :)

Matt Hoyland

The contra is great, more controllable power and feels more locked onto a line but I can still remember how much it cost  ;) .  Torque rolls in either direction also seem easier to me as well.

Cheers,

Matt

ChrisC

Glad to hear it, I think it'll be the new disney for me when they are ready, looks very interesting indeed. Will have another think on the contra, will be going that route at some point, may aswell take the plunge now!  :-\

Steve Schafer

I see you have gone the same setup as me Matt  ;)