F3P Models and Specs

Started by angelwing, 09, November 2012, 12:57:19 PM

« previous - next »

Mikey Blake

Cool thanks for the heads up, have the model nearly finished. Using the new Eflite 7100 digital servo's in it, same as what is in the new QQ edge 540. 3.5 gram servo. Should be powerful enough. :)

angelwing

Be interesting to hear more about the servos

Mikey Blake

I will keep you posted, Im a little concerned about using them for the ailerons in terms of power but they are very precise and should be well you to the job. Im using all nano light servos and rx to keep the weight down. :)

Mikey Blake

Another question. Im using a Hacker X-5 Pro Brushless ESC and i cant find anywhere were is says the output voltage. I know some guys are using HV servos with this esc and i just want to make sure of the output voltage before i plug in the servos encase its straight 2s. it said in the instruction that is has a 2amp linear bec but can i take that as 6.0v or 5.5v :(
Thanks

mammuth

All BECs are supposed to regulate the output, so they always deliver 5V
It doesn't realy matter what servo and esc you use - Using HV servos you connect them directly to the LiPo anyway and BEC has nothing to do with them (hence the choice of ESC's for F3P without any BEC - to save weight - saying more - I can't see the point to use HV servos if you connect them to the BEC ;)

Mikey Blake

Cool thanks for clearing that up Rob. Ya in the instructions for the Armonia its all jr HV servos. Dont know many their just good servos regulated aswell. Anyway im hoping to get started flying F3P in the next to weeks. F3A and college is starting to take up all my time but cant complain. :)

mammuth

As good as they are the JR servos - I think there is a lot of marketing blah blah and the designer of the model must be sponsored by the JR.
spec for JR DS319 HV (Digital)
6.0V 0.6kg / cm 0.10sec / 60°        7.4V 0.7kg / cm 0.08sec / 60°
against spec for the JR 318 (digital)
Torque: 0.7Kg
Speed: 0.08 S
/60 degrees

JR 316 (analog)
Torque: 0.7Kg
Speed: 0.08 S
/60 degrees

The conclusion is - don't use the HV connected to the BEC as they will be slower than the cheaper low voltage servos !
with the ESC 6A - stripped from everything - you can get down to 3.5-4g  ish - that's including BEC  !

the JR's HV are much more expensive than the Dymonds - are heavier - and the dymonds work on 7.4V anyway without any fancy sticker ;)

PS. I think I saw 2mm connectors on your motor - get rid of that - solder the motor directly to the ESC - that's easy and significant saving ;)

Will be great to see you flying with us - I started flying F3P this year and the support from everybody is fantastic - great experience :)

d.k

HV's designed to run straight off the 2S lipo. Good if you have a full set of HV servos. You simply bypass the BEC. I do it by desoldering the positive servo wire from the ESC and resoldering it to the positive battery input. BEC is not used then and RX is getting 8.4v

I use Jeti radio gear that can run off 8.4v with Dymond D47 servos (also 8.4v). The main reason being I can use the RX battery voltage telemetry to tell me the flight pack voltage. No more timers and no more knackered batteries.

d.k

On the servo power front you tend to find people using more than they need.

I ended up using a single Dymond D47S on my Helix ailerons with no blowback in the last season of A. This is the fast version that offers half the torque of the normal one. A whopping 0.65kg/cm

Good hinging, good linkages will make more of a difference than power.

Mikey Blake

Ok thanks Rob and David.

For the mean time im going to keep it with the BEC on the Eflite 7100 3.5g servos. I think i will have to extend the arms to get more throw on the elevator and rudder. Ailerons seem ok!!

The servos are 0.05 sec with a BEC so not bad. 

Yes Rob im planning on just soldering them straight on but will just get it flying for now.

There actually could be two of us going over. My friend Robert Telford on the Irish F3A 2013 team has bought an Armonia after seeing mine so the plan is for the two of use to hopefully get over to a competition or two.

Really looking forward to it now. :)