Author Topic: New tricks for Old dogs  (Read 1894 times)

Offline Adrian Harrison

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
New tricks for Old dogs
« on: 30, November 2012, 06:20:47 PM »
Ok here is my need for tips on construction/assembly for my first (more serious) indoor project.
Equipment aquired so far:- Donatas 'Spies' plane, Axi motor, LSX 65 servos, F R6004FF rx, Castle 9esc.
Hinging/servo mounting/pushrods literally anything you might think is a useful tip and alternatively what are the mistakes to avoid.
I have UHU POR and Belli zel(20 min) adhesives.
Don't be shy .. any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks
Adrian

Offline angelwing

• Advanced Class Poster
Re: New tricks for Old dogs
« Reply #1 on: 30, November 2012, 06:45:40 PM »
Hi Adrian....

Spies  :)

Axi  :)  2203-52 I hope

GWS 9x4.7 or Mejzlick 9x3 even better

LSX65's   :)  [size=78%]great on Elevator and Rudder, and [/size][size=78%]ailerons[/size][size=78%] too as long as its one per aileron[/size]

[size=78%]Castle 9amp esc is over he top and heavier than you really need. Shorten all the leads as much as possible, Theres a few grams to be saved on an ESC[/size]

[size=78%]Hinging is simple Blenderm or Blenderm [/size] ;)  You only need to tape the top side with a 15mm strip at the tip and root and anoother small strip under the Aileron control horn point

Belli zel is good but you only need enough to "wet" the rods

Andy's top F3P tip is remember its not what you use that makes a nice light F3P model its what you dont!

Por is heavy (but nothing beats it in my mind) so be spearing and use your finger to spread it

If your using one aileron servo I would have opted for the SD150 or LSX 180, I know its heavier but its well worth it especially if you want the model to roll  ;D

Offline Adrian Harrison

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
Re: New tricks for Old dogs
« Reply #2 on: 03, December 2012, 02:29:19 PM »
Thanks, some excellent advice.
See you at a comp when the glue dries.
Adrian