2nd Centralised and Team Selection Competition Oxfordshire on 19th May 2013

Started by peter brett, 22, April 2013, 07:17:06 PM

« previous - next »

peter brett

The 2nd Centralised and Team Selection Competition at Ewe Farm, Wallingford, Nr Oxford on 19th May 2013.

Please Note: The competition will not be cancelled due to weather forecasts prior to the competition and only abandoned on the day by consultation with the competitors and jury

All entries must follow established rules for Centralised competitions

Flying will start at 09.30 with a pilots briefing at 09.15
Conformity checks for Team Selection Competitors opens at 08.30
CD, Peter Brett
Timekeeper and Flightline Controller, Mick Smith
Noise testing, Martin Smith

FAI Judges: Peter Brett, Bob Ailles
Non-FAI Judges:  Volunteers from FAI pilots for non-FAI  classes please
Scorer: Marion Ailles

Competitors
Team Selection event -  P13 and F13 schedules
M Williams - confirmed
S Underwood - confirmed
K Caton - confirmed
M Hoyland - confirmed
K Jackson - confirmed
A Silsby - confirmed
G Peacock - confirmed
L Przytocki - confirmed
A Mansell - confirmed

FAI P13 Domestic Competition
B Hoare - confirmed
S Hunt - confirmed
A Harrison - confirmed
M Pearce - confirmed
K Moss - confirmed

Masters

D Kirk - confirmed

Advanced
J Woods-  confirmed

Intermediate
P Heath- confirmed
Clubman

Please note that this is a working farm so everyone must keep to the flying site unless accompanied by a club member
You are welcome to come along and practice on Saturday pm whilst I am there from 14.00-17.00. Please let me know in advance so I know who to expect..

Directions to flying site:
Ewe Farm is situated in Oxfordshire south of the M40 between Oxford and Reading
The address is:
Ewe Farm
Newington
Wallingford
Oxon
OX107AF
If you put the postcode into Google Maps it will show you the farm;  on "satellite" you will see the flying site behind the farm buildings

If coming from the South:

Head for Oxford on the A34 and take A4074 off the southern by-pass heading for Reading and Henley.  At Shillingford take the A329 North through Wanborough village.  After about 2 miles turn right on the apex of a hairpin left turn signposted Roke, Berrick Salome (If you get to Newington village you are about ¼ mile past the turn).  After ¼ mile the lane turns sharp left by a farm. Then ½ mile further on is the turning left into Ewe Farm in front of a large oak tree and through a metal gate (the turning into Ewe Farm will be signed GBRCAA)  Follow the farm track straight on for about ½ mile (ignor the left turn into the farm buildings).  When the wood on the left ends you will see the flying site on your left and in a further 100m, a turning left off the track which leads to the car parking area.
All other directions:
Exit the M40 at Jct 8A take A418 north signed Thame.  After ½ mile turn right onto A40 signed Wallingford (this is a small turning). After 2 miles turn right onto A329.  Follow A329 south through Little Milton and then at Stadhampton turn left at a BP station signed Wallingford and Reading (you will still be on the A329). Go through next village of Newington and after ¼ mile turn left on the apex of a hairpin right turn signposted Roke, Berrick Salome. After ¼ mile the lane turns sharp left by a farm. Then ½ mile further on is the turning left into Ewe Farm in front of a large oak tree and through a metal gate (the turning into Ewe Farm will be signed GBRCAA)  Follow the farm track straight on for about ½ mile (ignor the left turn into the farm buildings).  When the wood on the left ends you will see the flying site on your left and in a further 100m a turning left off the track, which leads to the car parking area.
Any difficulties ring me on 0779 506 1145

Peter

Matt Hoyland

Thanks Peter.  Do you mean practise on the Saturday as the 19th is a Sunday?  If so I will see you at 14.00  :) .

Steve Hunt

Quote from: Matt Hoyland on 22, April 2013, 08:00:29 PM
Thanks Peter.  Do you mean practise on the Saturday as the 19th is a Sunday?  If so I will see you at 14.00  :) .

Yep count me in please, if practise is on the Saturday  ;D  Steve

peter brett

Apologies I'm suffering  from pasting from last year syndrome, yes it it should be Saturday pm. I've modified the post now. Matt and Steve I've noted you'll be there

Peter

YazooF3A

Hi Peter :)

I will come on Saturday as well  for  some practise flights %$#@#$%^&* not flies  ::) .

d.k

Count me in on the Sat afternoon please. Turns out I'll only be an hour away in the morning at the Blackbushe show and could do with at least one flight with someone yelling at me before Sunday.

Steve Edwards

Hi

Can you please remove me from the comp, due to work commits have had no time at all to practice.

Hope the day goes well

Thanks

Steve

Albert Rowe

Hi Peter, Could you withdraw me from the competition also as I have not flown for some time.Albert

Matt Hoyland

Thanks to Peter and the club at Ewe farm for a great competition with great weather.

Results attached and they have been uploaded to the 2013 League Table.

Steve Hunt

Great venue, great weather and a really good competition - well done to all who turned up / helped out.
Mick & Martin. - make sure you get that promised pint off Peter  :)
Steve

Adrian Mansell

Thanks Peter for an excellent day.  Please also reiterate our thanks to the farmer and to M&M :-)

YazooF3A

I would like to also say- Thank You Peter and all  for this great event :)
Now i removed from my favorits websides- yourweather.co.uk  ;)

BTW- anybody know what motor and prop has Mike Williams in his Episode? I member that was Dualsky but which one?

Adrian Harrison

Hi Les I asked Mike it is the Dualsky XM6355DA-13 Limited Edition with a Xoar 22x13 prop.
Adrian