Author Topic: F3A World Championships 2013 Blog - Meyerton, South Africa.  (Read 29451 times)

Offline Kevin Caton

• GBRCAA Member
  • Masters Class Poster
  • Flying Class: FAI Pilot (P&F)
  • Other Status: FAI Pilot (P&F)
Re: F3A World Championships 2013 Blog - Meyerton, South Africa.
« Reply #120 on: 02, January 2014, 06:57:22 PM »
I've enjoyed reading these posts over the last few days but maybe it is time the thread was separated from the World Championship blog as the debate has broadened now.

I'll take up Andy's invitation to reply as a team member!

Nothing that has been written so far has offended me in the slightest. It is healthy to discuss ways of improving our collective performance and nearly everything written so far has some merit. I don't like to see people falling out over this subject - as a certain Mr Harrop once said "there aren't enough of us to fall out".

My thoughts:

• [size=78%]Compared with 20 or so years ago, the schedules are much harder (even though the P has got easier over the last couple of cycles) - with integrated rolls, snaps etc.[/size]
  • [/size][size=78%]Getting a competitive plane and radio, motor etc. is easier than it has ever been, although it is relatively expensive at the top end. This has opened up F3A all over the world compared with the days when you had to build your own.[/size]
  • [/size][size=78%]Other countries take F3A much more seriously than we do.[/size]
  • [/size][size=78%]We always score lower at international events than at home, some pilots by more than others. Andy has a good point about 5s & 6s in an earlier post.[/size]
  • [/size][size=78%]A coach would be great thank you. It would transform any pilot's flying. Any offers?[/size]
  • [/size][size=78%]Lots of people fly much more than we do and this has a direct correlation with performance, coach or no coach. I flew 150 F3A flights in 2013 - and enjoyed every one of them. Double that would have improved my performance. Work does get in the way though![/size]

Clearly these are just a few downloaded thoughts and I haven't got any radical solutions. NPODs and EPODs are good. Fly more and fly in the right company and you are bound to improve.

Kevin

Offline brandon ransley

• Masters Class Poster
« Reply #121 on: 02, January 2014, 08:13:48 PM »
It wasn't my quote about the loop.

Offline @apphotographic (Andy Prime Esq)

• You may call me sir...
  • FAI Class Poster
  • Image is everything!
  • Flying Class: FAI Pilot (P)
  • Other Status: None
« Reply #122 on: 03, January 2014, 07:41:14 AM »
It wasn't my quote about the loop.

Must have been some other well respected member of our community!

Thanks for the heads-up Brandon.

:)