F3A European Championship 28th July to 6th August 2016.

Started by Ashley Hoyland, 10, December 2015, 06:21:32 PM

« previous - next »

Ashley Hoyland

The official web site is still to be developed but you can find it here: http://www.ec-f3a-2016.de/

The GBR Team is: Matt Hoyland, Steve Underwood and Kevin Caton.  First reserve, Gerhard Fehringer.

Although Adrian Mansell finished in 3rd place in the league table, Adrian is unable to take up his place in the team for 2016.

The Team Manager has yet to be appointed by the BMFA.

Ashley Hoyland

Our Preliminary Entry Form has been submitted to the BMFA and forwarded to the organisers.

There is a BMFA Team Managers meeting on the 30th Janauary which I have agreed to attend.

Ashley

Following the meeting I have reported to our team and supporters the small changes for this year.  These are confined to using our FAI ID No. on the model lables, a small change to the way the BMFA insurance is applied and a change to the detail in the anti doping rules.  Ashley

Ashley Hoyland

The organisers have published the list of Preliminary entries by Country.

http://www.ec-f3a-2016.de/

Our arrangments are basically complete. Bulletin 2 will be issued sortly, after which we need to submit our Final Entry Form and send money through the BMFA.

We then start to send the organisers the information they request to produce the Event Program and welcome our team, supports and helpers and finalise individual travel arrangments.

Ashley

Ashley Hoyland

Today the UK Final Entry Form and all the ancillary information has been sent to the organisers to complete our entry for the European Championship 2016.

The official web site appears to be a little slow in getting updated but the Bulletin 2 has been received and sent to all who need to see it.

Ashley
F3A TM 2016

If there is anyone who would like to visit the event and join us at the opening and closing ceremonies as GBR supporters please let me know as soon as possible. I am sure we could still add supporters to our list before the 30 April.  The cost of a supporters pass and banquet ticket would be a little over 110 Euros.

Ashley Hoyland

To bring everyone up to date.  This morning I emailed Kevin and Matt to say that Gerhard, our reserve pilot, would be joining the team to fly at this Championship.

Due to work commitments outside Steve's control he has reluctantly had to relinquish his place in the team.

Ashley

Ashley Hoyland

2016 Team stickers are now available at £5 each to support our team.

The proceeds will be split between our pilots.

See  https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/advgI073b5fMmh40qjJ - or please ask when we meet.

Our team are grateful for the help they get from the BMFA and the GBR/CAA, but to fly at a International Championship is a huge commitment and any extra help is appreciated.

So to those who have already bought stickers, may I thank you on behalf of the team members.

Ashley

Keith Jackson

Congratulations Gerhard!

Hope it goes really well for you out there

Keith

QuoteTo bring everyone up to date.  This morning I emailed Kevin and Matt to say that Gerhard, our reserve pilot, would be joining the team to fly at this Championship.

Due to work commitments outside Steve's control he has reluctantly had to relinquish his place in the team.

Ashley

Gerhard Fehringer

Thank you Keith! I am grateful for the opportunity, and am very much looking forward to it!
Kind Regards,
Gerhard

Peter Jenkins

Alan Williams

steve underwood

Wishing the team the best of luck in Germany , it was with great regret I had to pull out of this year's season due to work commitments in Europe.

However I am looking forward to next season to try new models new motors and new style of flying.

All the best.

Steve underwood

Mike Wood

Good luck to the team and Steve, it sounds very interesting!

Mike

Ashley Hoyland

Our first 'Team Photo' for 2016 taken at Ashbourne.

Ashley Hoyland

Bulletin 3 is now available to download from the official web site.  http://www.ec-f3a-2016.de/

Ashley Hoyland

Five days to go now before we arrive at the competition site for our official practice, model processing and the opening ceremony.

I hope our team members and supporters have a safe and enjoyable journey.

Ashley