News:

Please see posts regarding manoeuvre F-25.13

Next competition: 1st BMFA Centralised + UKF3A National League - 21st April - Hurley

F3A European Championship 28th July to 6th August 2016.

Started by Ashley Hoyland, 10, December 2015, 06:21:32 PM

« previous - next »

Ashley Hoyland

Well! I say that every Championship is different and this is no exception.

Matt was due to fly at around 8am but low cloud delayed things.  Derk and Cedric few in very marginal conditions making them both fly lower that they would normally do.  Gernot Bruckmann had three attempts to finish his schedule before which the proceedings were brought to a halt.  Several cloud base flights were made but the competition did not start again until around 11:30 and Matt flew around 12. 

We then had a team Managers meeting and it was decided that one round of the F should be flown in the semi finals but that was objected to by two TMs.  So now we are flying (flown) one round today and the second round tomorrow but this means there will not be time for 2 Fs and 2 U/Ks tomorrow in the final.

So it was suggested that 1 F and 1 U/K should be flown in the final, but again an objection, so it was decided that the only alternative would be to fly 2 Fs.  Twenty minutes later a further TM meeting was called and the objection was withdrawn.

So 1 semi final round flown today and one tomorrow.  For the final round - top 10 pilots: 1 F and 1 U/K with both counting.

I hope tomorrows semi final round will be held in good weather but for now Matt was 'happy' with his score today.

Lassi is leading at the moment but that can all change in the final.

Ashley

Ashley Hoyland

You can see all the results on the official web site here. http://www.ec-f3a-2016.de/blog/category/results/

Congratulations to those who stood on the podium.

Today I will be trying to catch up with the photo gallery - sorry my reporting was not up to our normal standard.

I hope our team have all got home safely and no doubt at work this morning.  I got home around 10pm last night and Matt having a  few delays on the M25 and M1 was not far behind me.  I hope Kevin and Sally - Gerhard and Philip arrived home safely.

We were looked after very well by Heinz Schafer at our hotel the Gashof Adler, thank you.

Also thanks to the organisers who were very cooperative and welcomed comments before the Championship and the way they, the Jury and the organising team made this a huge success.  I have never been to so many TMs meetings.

May I close by saying congratulations to all our team and I thank them and our supporters: Helen, Sally, Kath and Philip for all their help and cooperation, they all kept very positive and smiling through many early mornings.

Thanks to Matt progressing through to the semi-finals and the change in proceedings due to the weather it is the first time I have been actively involved in every day of a Championship.  Winding down and settling down to the routine admin is a problem now, but I had a great time, thanks again to all.

Last but not least thank you to all our friends from around Europe who remembered us and again made this as always the friendly Championship.

Ashley

Peter Jenkins

Congratulations to the Matt, Kevin and Gerhard not forgetting Ashley!

Gerhard Fehringer

The German TV station SWR broadcast a brief report about the European Championship yesterday, mainly focussing on Robin Trumpp:

http://swrmediathek.de/player.htm?show=9f2d51c0-5d90-11e6-a659-0026b975e0ea

Best wishes
Gerhard

Kevin Caton

Great video and a sneak preview of the 2017 biplane in the workshop!

The Gerissenen Rollen from Ruckenflug to Ruckenflug was very good.

I'm really glad that Gerhard didn't want me to call in German or we would have needed 15 minutes to complete the schedule.  :-[

Ashley Hoyland

I have uploaded some photographs which I hope will give everyone a flavour of the Championship.

http://www.gbrcaa.org/Photo/main.php

also the Archives have been updated here: http://www.gbrcaa.org/Competition%20History/World%20and%20European.htm

Ashley

martynk

Great Photos. Thanks Ashley

Was anyone using still IC engines this time? Has CPLR migrated across now?

Didn't see any results for team Polizei either.. :)

Ashley Hoyland

Hi Martyn

I think there were about 10 using YS and no Christophe has a YS 185 in his Galactika which sounds unbelievable.  Quiet and you are never really aware of any throttle change during the flight.

Ashley

martynk

Still hope for us dinosaurs then :)

Looks like it was a great Championships, well done all and thanks for the reports

Martyn

Ken Moss

Ashley
Thanks for all the updates from you and all photos very good and enjoyable to see " as TM with all the other duties how you found time to take all of the photos well done see you on Sunday"
KFM

Ashley Hoyland

Thanks Ken

Just leave the camera laying around and everyone else takes the photos.

Not been in trouble this time like I was in the USA.   Our supporter took some photographs of a young lady with what he thought was my camera.  The Japanese supporter who's camera it really was would have got a shock when he got home.

See you Sunday

Ashley

claude