News:

Next competition: 1st BMFA Centralised + UKF3A National League - 21st April - Hurley

Hobby King Live UK

Started by Keith Jackson, 19, May 2016, 08:32:56 AM

« previous - next »

Keith Jackson

Just wondered if anyone knew about the Hobby King Live UK event in July? Might be worth askign for a demo slot there?

Keith

Hi,
We'd like to invite you and your members to some exciting free RC events that we have planned for this summer.
Upcoming are:
Hobbyking Live! UK from July 2nd - July 3rd which is being held at Rougham Airfield in Suffolk.
HobbyKing Live! EU from July 29th - July 31st which is being held at E.M.C.R Rozenburg in the Netherlands.
Both events are open to pilots of all skill levels and free to attend with no charges for entrance, parking or camping.
Some features of the events include:
• Full size air show (UK only)
• Bring and buy
• HobbyKing exclusive deals
• Competitions, prizes and giveaways
The three clubs with the largest attendance at each event will receive some exclusive HobbyKing RC club goodies.
We are always looking to support UK clubs and build relationships so feel free to drop us a line or come and find us on the day!
Hope to see you there!
HobbyKing Team

Ashley Hoyland

Hi Keith

I would be good if a member did decide to put on a show at one of these events.  The minimum requirement to entertain the crowd would be a pilot and a commentator.

However we have Skelbrooke on the 2nd July and the Europeans at the end of July.

If anyone is interested please show your interest here.  Would you be able to coordinate any planning Keith.

Ashley

Keith Jackson

Ashley,
I'm not in a position to coordinate anything at the moment let alone something that is happening in Suffolk, when I live in Crewe. I don't think you need to get stressed about this. Its merely an idea for anyone who wants to step up and have a go. I did a few demo flights seversal years ago at a BMFA do at Castle Howard; I go a mug and free bacon buns for my trouble which was great. And a lot of people showed a great deal of interest in F3A when I was there.

If anyone can attend this event, it is defeintly worth the effort and could be a great day out as well

Keith

Ashley Hoyland

Hi Keith

I fully understand and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I think what you did a few years ago was very worthwhile for the Association and from what you said at the time you enjoyed the day.

See you soon.

Ashley

Peter Jenkins

Keith and Ashley

I was considering attending this as it's one of the Bury Model Flying Club's sites - I am a member of the BMFC.  I was going to take my Hobby King Sbach 342 (the 30 cc version) to fly there but I could just as easily put in an F3A bird.  I will investigate whether I can get another F3A pilot to commentate.  However, the first thing will be to enquire of Hobby King if they would be interested in such a demo.  They do have the ex B J Craft Monolog 70 on sale as the Ionos (currently retainling at £161 for the airframe only) of which an F3A demo might help their sales.

Peter

Mike rieder

Hi Peter,
I am in contact with the guys from HK if you want me to ask for you (i did some trade show stuff for them a few years ago).

Mike

Peter Jenkins

Peter Jenkins

Garry Peacock and I attended this show on Sat 2nd July.  I flew the Clubman Schedule while Garry, good guy(!), shouldered P17 and F17.  It would be true to say that the schedules flagged up the big difference between general display flying and the precision required for F3A.  I'm not sure how many would have been converted as a result but we did have a small number of visitors to our gazebo to talk about precision aerobatics and take a close look at the aircraft.  Garry brought his Inspire CD while I took my Citrin and Toxiris.

We also had visits from 2 pilots who flew in last week's NPOD and a 3rd pilot flew a large petrol 3D model as well and helped to spread the word about NPODs.  Thanks to Marc Osbourne (who was flying) and Mike Rieder and Tom Havard for visiting us.

If Hobby King hold this event again next year, it might be worth putting some signage up for the GBR/CAA.  I did have some literature and stickers provided by Ashley (thanks Ashley) but did not manage to distribute too many!

(Peter: re formatted the original text, I hope this is OK. Ashley)

Mark Allen

I couldn't stay all day and only saw Garry's first flight in quite blustery conditions which he flew very well. Commentary from the HK announcer was very good talking the crowd through the manoeuvres. Saturday was quite busy, didn't get there on Sunday which had much warmer and calmer weather.

Many rc disciplines were represented and in action including buggy racing, trucks, fpv racing and boats.
I can see HK going back to Rougham next year as it seemed far more professional than the Elmsett setup.

Well done Peter and Garry for taking the time to fly the flag.

Keith Jackson

Guys, this is great! Well done to you both! I really hope other GBRCAA members take this as inspiration to give it a go at other RC events as the publicity we get as a result is simply priceless
Keith

Garry Peacock

Thanks for your comments Keith and Mark.
Well done to Peter for getting us involved. It was definitely worth our participation judging by some of the comments.

Peter Jenkins

I forgot to thank Mike Rieder for putting the HK organiser, Gary Western (ex Galaxy Hobbies), in touch with me so that we could set this up.

Peter

Mike Wood

Great job! Sometimes just one extra person getting interested can lead to many more  :)

m