News:

Please see posts regarding manoeuvre F-25.13

Next competition: 1st BMFA Centralised + UKF3A National League - 21st April - Hurley

F3A Judging Seminar Presentation

Started by Alan Simmonds, 14, June 2016, 09:20:19 PM

« previous - next »

Alan Simmonds

This is the PowerPoint presentation used by Bob Romijn at our judging seminar earlier this year.

Download: F3A Judging Seminar

Who should read? All F3A pilots and judges looking to improve their results!

Stuart Mellor

Thanks Alan,
Superb presentation by Bob at the judging seminar. Not without its controversy though (which was good in itself)

Just to kick things off! - I would still give a zero for the spins in slide 30. The entire manoeuvre is outside the box - not 60%.

Stuart

Alan Simmonds

Stuart

I'm with you on that one.
The spin entry and the 1/4 loop are entirely outside the box.

Alan

Stuart Mellor

Alan - I completely 'misjudged ' you. Spent a needless 10 minutes reinforcing my case! I like these open forum discussions though -if they expose weaknesses in the rules.

As you know, in the SC it does state that the entry & exit  before & after are indeed judged as part of a manoeuvre - but only if some elements of the manoeuvre are in the box. (my interpretation)
Where all the manoeuvre elements are outside the box - there is nothing to mark -so any entry & exits although they maybe inside the box, count for nothing.

A similar analogy might be, say, on a centre manoeuvre -say a full snap. The pilot does an excellent entry, excellent exit  - but forgets the snap. Again the entry & exit count for nothing, because there's nothing to mark.

re
Stuart

Alan Simmonds

Stuart

I think it was a no-brainer (and probably a mistake), but nevertheless, I'm happy to be unpredictable  :D

Alan