News:

New website released (click MAIN SITE above)

Best Charger?

Started by Steve Edwards, 22, July 2017, 02:34:58 PM

« previous - next »

Steve Edwards

Hi

What is a good charger with a para board to charge 6 5000 lipo?

Thanks

Steve

Mike Wood

Will they be made into 10s packs?

m

Steve Edwards

Hi Mike

no, just 6 x 5000mah lipo

Thanks

Steve

Mike Wood

Personal favourites are the iChargers (probably mentioned it before, but obviously lots of other makes out there) in combination with a Chargery power supply.

I found these calculators useful food for thought.

http://www.revolectrix.com/CP10XP_calculators_Main.htm

Mike

Alan Williams

Revolectrix Powelab pl6 works well

Mike Wood

Do you want to future proof, in that, might you want to charge 10s packs in the future?

m

Peter Jenkins

Definitely wouldn't go for 10S packs.  Two 5S packs for me every time.  Why? If a cell goes down on a 10S pack that's all gone, whereas with 2 x 5S packs you still have one 5S pack that you can buddy up with another.  Also, you don't need a 10S charger so it's much cheaper.

I use the Fusion Emperor with their 600 watt power supply.  I have two sets of these.  I can charge four flight packs concurrently with that setup in one hour.  I bought the charger and PSU second hand and they are excellent value.  You can use the charger in the field as well provided you have a decent 12 v/24 v power supply.

Steve Edwards

Hi

Thanks for all the replies.

Cheers

Steve

Mike Wood

When I said 10s, I meant two 5s packs in series, then a 10s charger can be used without having to disconnect the packs.

Lots of options 😀

m

Nigel Armstrong

Hi Steve.
I use the same charger as Peter but use an 1150W power supply from Coolice.co uk. Its done a good job for me for a couple if years now.