News:

Please see posts regarding manoeuvre F-25.13

Next competition: 1st BMFA Centralised + UKF3A National League - 21st April - Hurley

Our friend Steve Dunning

Started by Ashley Hoyland, 10, September 2017, 10:48:36 AM

« previous - next »

Ashley Hoyland

After receiving a telephone call from John Morton it is with regret I have to say that Steve Dunning lost his fight against his long term illnesses last evening.

Steve was always a very enthusiastic member of the GBR/CAA as a pilot, contest director, model designer and manufacturer and made many friends throughout our aeromodelling world.

Our sympathies go Sue and Matt at this sad time.

Malcolm Harris

Very sorry to hear this.

Steve was one of the good guys and always very helpful and treated me like a long lost friend whenever I met him.

Rest in peace.

Malcolm

Alan Wild

Very sorry to hear this.
One of the very few all good guys.
I've never forgotten him saying "Flash Git!" (with that big grin, and friendliest tone) to me, when I managed to beat him in a seniors comp at Stansted about a hundred years ago.

RIP Steve.

tom bootyman (aeropaint)

Such sad news  :(
I last saw Steve a few weeks ago at the scattering of Trevor's ashes and although not well he was upbeat and looking forwards with his usual cheeky grin and humour.

Thoughts to his wife Sue and son Matthew.
Fly high Steve. RIP

martynk

Thanks Ashley

Steve has been a close friend for a number of years. I will miss him. He was always very supportive of me and my lousy building and flying. My thoughts are with Sue and Matt. Dreadfully sad news.

Martyn

Greg Butterworth

Indeed very sad, Having known Steve for many years we all knew that he did not enjoy the best of health and ultimately that restricted his enjoyment of flying to a degree...his enthusiasm did not wane and he remained active building and was to the end a great support within the UKCAA still active when able and maintaining a huge back catalogue of plans and designs.

knowing him to be ill its nevertheless a shock and aeromodellings loss..

Too many good guys have gone this year....RIP steve

Bill Michie

Very sad news indeed. Steve was a great friend to many, and was generous and helpful to all who needed help, whether building, flying, advice or anything else.
The Aeromodelling fraternity will be the poorer for his loss.
Sincere Condolences to Sue, Matt, Family and Friends.

RIP Steve, & Fly High!

Bill & Di

steve underwood

Passion , insperation,  comes to mind when I thing of Steve , many phone calls have been exchanged this year regarding my latest f3a models and the retro touche' design I am can honestly say I will miss Steve very much always willing to help with wing cutting and advice on really any thing that could be related to f3a .

A very sad day for myself , I'm sure there will be a new retro aerobatic club in the clouds with so many other flyers that have passed.

Rest in peace my friend.

Steve.

Brian Hoare

Steve

Your humour, passion , friendship and laughter including those hilarious quotes you circulated is what we will all miss.

Rest in peace mate.

My thoughts are with Sue and Matt, please accept my sincere condolences.

Brico

Chris Bond

I am so very sad to hear this news.

It was Steve who encouraged me to take the plunge in my first comp and supported me throughout.

The first call I received when setting up Bondaero was Steve asking if I knew what I was doing. more help and support.
Generous of spirit always.

now the pain has gone
[/size]
Fly high my friend   

Stuart Mellor

Dreadful news of the death of a good friend. Last saw him a few weeks ago at the scattering of Trev Plumbes ashes on the Mansfield strip. An intelligent and unassuming colleague who will be sorely missed by all the modelling fraternity.

Mike Wood

Very sad; he will be missed by so many.

He always wanted to do the best for everyone and went out of his way to achieve it.

Mike

Gareth Gordon

Stevie, you bugger we never finished that conversation on flaring in the canopy on my latest model. Sat with a tear in my eye buddy and feeling so so sad, you are and always will be someone I am so proud to call my friend.

Thank you

Gareth

Bob Wasson

Terribly sad news.

Steve was a great aeromodeller and a true gentleman.  No one quicker to offer help.  He will be greatly missed.

Sincere condolences to Sue and Matt.

Bob Wasson

Steve Edwards

Very very sad news, what a lovely person he was.. :(

Sadly missed