F3P First Competition of the Season Minsthorpe 12th November 2017

Started by Ashley Hoyland, 22, October 2017, 06:22:32 PM

« previous - next »

Ashley Hoyland

Closing date for entries 5 November 2017

Dear All

Entry is now open for the first F3P Competition of the season on Sunday 12th November 2017 at Minsthorpe Community College.  Entry fee is £20 for all classes. Pre entry is a requirement of all GBR/CAA competitions and entries must be received 7 days prior to the competition.  Enter here.  Please use Ashley Hoyland as Contest Director.

Entry is on a first come first serve basis and your entry is only confirmed once payment has been received. So until you pay I cannot reserve a space for you.

It is also a requirement that competitors are members of the GBR/CAA. However, potential new Members are allowed to enter 1 official comp before joining, but pay normal competition entry fee for the class flown.

A minimum of 10 competitors is required to make the competition viable and a maximum of 20 entries will be accepted to ensure sufficient time for the minimum of 3 rounds.

F3P-A, F3P-B+, F3P-B and F3P-C schedules will be flown. The schedules and manoeuvre descriptions can be found here - http://www.gbrcaa.org/f3pschedules.htm 

Please note:

1. For 2107/18 there are proposals for new FAI Schedules which I will list here as soon as possible. They have been listed in the minutes of the FAI Plenary Committee but they need to be confirmed. If these are confirmed they start from January 2018 but I believe we should start our season with the new schedules in place if possible.
Later: A decision has been made to start the season flying the AP19, AF19 schedule.  It was recognised that this did not give a huge amount of time to practice, but it would be difficult to change the schedule part way through the season and it is the same for everyone.

2. Due to judges not being available we will run this competition with experienced pilots judging, however we will adjust the rounds so that every pilots gets the same number of flights.  This has been successfully tested in F3A competitions and works well, but we need a minimum of 10 to 12 pilots to make this work.

Pilots briefing will be at 9.15 and I aim to start the first round at 9.30.

Directions to the venue can be found here - http://minsthorpe.fitness/

Results will be entered into a League Table as per GBR/CAA domestic league rules.

If you are able to attend the practice session arranged for Sunday 29th October, 09:30 to 12:30 at Minsthorpe we can talk more about our plans then. As a result of the meeting at this practice session please see Note 1 (Later) above.

'C' Schedule

Ashley Hoyland
Adrian Beal
Alan Clayton
Steve Plummer

'B' Schedule

John Day
Lee Backrath
Rory Tooley

'B+' Schedule

FAI AP19

Adam Lomax
John Gaynor
Liam Clayton
Paul Wilcockson
Luke Oliver

Ashley Hoyland

Dear All

This competition is in danger of being cancelled due to lack of entries.

If this competition is cancelled it questions if F3P competitions can continue.  We need 11 pilots to be able to run this competition and the closing day is next Sunday.

I hope we can get enough pilots at our practice on Sunday (Minsthorpe 09:00 to 12:30) to discuss what the future holds.  If you have any interest in future F3P competitions we need to talk about it at this meeting.  If you have ideas for the future of F3P but cannot make the practice on Sunday please email me.

We have had to take the decision to cancel the 2018 EIM.  Before we can consider running the EIM for 2019 we need healthy competitions through the 2017 - 2018 season,

Come on now you have a lot of money tied up in your competition models and skills will be lost if we can't make this work. 

paul wilco

Ashley, sorry i can't make the practice session tomorrow of Minsthorpe, but have just submiited my entry for the 12th.  Hopefully, we can get to the required number of pilots to make sure it goes ahead next week. If we are one or two short, can we not make the competition a bit shorter and cut down on the cost of the hall hire. With less pilots we can get the necessary rounds in quicker. Just and idea that might help in the short term till we can get pilot numbers back up.

Ashley Hoyland

Hi Paul

You should have got my email of thanks following your entry to the competition.  I understand that most people have to earn a living and it is not possible to attend all the events, but it is good you will be flying in the competition on the 12th.

Would you be willing to share some judging duties?

Matt managed to negotiate a concessionary rate for a competition rather than a hourly rate so the cost would be about the same, however it now looks as though we have a much more comfortable entry level so as long as everyone goes along with the programme, which I will re-do next week we should be OK for the usual 5 rounds with about 20 minutes for the photographs and the podium announcements.

If anyone reads this who wants to enter please get in touch as soon as possible.

See you on the 12th Paul.

Kind regards

Ashley

paul wilco

Ashley, thanks that great news. Would be more than happy to help with judging and anything else i can assist you with. Best have a look at the new schedules and charge some batteries

Ashley Hoyland

Ashley Hoyland

I have uploaded a few photographs to the new photo gallery which Matt has spent so many hours setting up for us and recovering all the information I thought we had lost.

I know Steve has also spent huge amounts of his time matching files to photographs thank you both.  This is the first time I have used it from scratch and all looks really promising.

This link will take you to the photographs from Sunday. Please let me know if there are any errors or problems. http://www.gbrcaa.org/gallery/index.php?/category/1

Ashley

Ashley Hoyland