News:

Please see posts regarding manoeuvre F-25.13

Next competition: 1st BMFA Centralised + UKF3A National League - 21st April - Hurley

F3P Second Competition of the season Alfreton 9th December

Started by johnday, 14, November 2017, 12:31:46 AM

« previous - next »

johnday

The Hall is available from 09:30 and we must vacate by 16:30

Hi All, 

Entry is now open for the second F3P Competition of the season on Saturday 9th December 2017 at Alfreton Leisure Centre.  All schedules will be offered but this is also a BMFA F3P Team Selection competition flying F3P AP and F3P AF schedules.

There will also be 2 rounds of F3P AM to close the event.  Please send your F3P AM music to Liam Clayton at claytonliam96@gmail.com (2 minutes +-20 seconds).

Entries through GBR/CAA web site.  When filling out entry form please use John Day as Contest Director.

A minimum of 12 competitors are required to make the competition work with pilots judging. The closing date for entries will be 2nd December and confirmation that the competition is running will be posted here on the 3rd December.

The schedules and manoeuvre descriptions can be found here - http://www.gbrcaa.org/f3pschedules.htm

Pilots briefing will be at 10.00 and I aim to start the first round at 10.15.

Directions to the venue can be found here - http://www.dcleisurecentres.co.uk/centres/alfreton-leisure-centre/find-us Please make sure you obtain from reception your parking ticket and display this on you windscreen. This is free of charge.

Results will be entered into a League Table as per GBR/CAA league rules.

F3P-C

Ashley Hoyland
Alan Clayton
Charlie Wood
Thomas Wood

F3P-B

John Day
Lee Backrath
Rory Tooley

F3P-B+

F3P-AP & F3P-AF  (Team Selection)

John Gaynor
Adam Lomax
Liam Clayton
Paul Wilcockson
Luke Oliver

F3P-AM

John Gaynor
Liam Clayton
Rory Tooley
Luke Oliver

Ashley Hoyland

May I make an appeal on behalf of John for all F3P competitors to enter this competition as soon as possible so that plans can be made.  If you wish to submit a late entry to this competition please complete it as soon as possible.

As with the Minsthorpe this competition and the future of  F3P flying will rely on your to support. Competitions  need a lot of thought to make them happen by volunteers .  We managed to save Minsthorpe on the 12th November at the last minute with a good entry and I was told everyone enjoyed the day.

Anyone organising a competition cannot just turn up and fly as there is much to organise in the days leading up to the competition, so please show your support for John and complete your entry form as soon as possible.

Ashley

Ashley Hoyland

As promised this is as notification that this competition will go ahead and we will post here the format as soon as it is finalised.

Ashley Hoyland

So everyone gets as much flying as possible the format for this competition will be 6 rounds for everyone flying F3P schedules. 

Rounds will be flown back to back as usual (rounds 1 and 2 flown one after the other, then round 3 and 4 etc.) It is acceptable to change the battery and reposition your model if necessary between flights.

2 rounds of APM are planned to finish the day but if time allows we will go for 3 rounds. Results will be 2 rounds best flight wins, 3 rounds, drop one round. A decision will be made on the day.  We want to announce the winners and take photographs but we have to vacate the hall by 16:30.

There will be a slight variation for Team Selection competitors:

BMFA Team Selection Competition
There will be 6 rounds in total of which the first four will be AP schedules and 3 rounds will count from 4. 
There will be 2 rounds of AF, one round will count. The last 2 rounds will be flown as individual schedules.

We realise that there has been very little time to practice the new schedules in particular AF but we would like to encourage everyone to have a go even if you can't complete it or do every manoeuvre.

If a pilot chooses not to fly the AF schedule they cannot be considered for a GBR team league position, however if you categorically do not wish to fly the AF schedule then you may use the 5th and 6th rounds as practice for AP, so that every pilot flies the same number of rounds in front of our judges.  These pilots can fly all AP schedules and they will all be judged but only the best three flights of the first four will count towards the results of the competition.  For the last 2 rounds and you can take away the score sheets for your own use, however no scores will be entered onto the system for the last 2 rounds, so your score for the 5th and 6th rounds will be zero.

Apologies
I am sorry but we still do not have any GBR/CAA podium certificates available, but I will provide these retrospectively when they are available.

Questions concerning lines between manoeuvres from the FAI Sporting Code:

Each manoeuvre will start and finish with a straight line.

There will be no part of the schedule which is not judged.

The 15° rule applies. Any deviation from the intended flight path up to 15° will be downgraded by one point.  A deviation of up to 30 degrees will be downgraded by 2 points and so on with 1 point downgrade for each 15°deviation.

The judges interpretation will be:
If a pilot has to reposition the model between manoeuvres the 15° rule will apply.  i.e. If a pilot decides that repositioning the model between manoeuvres will give a better score for the next manoeuvre than if the model was allowed to continue on its original path, then attracting a downgrade by repositioning the model may be the best option.  If a pilot does not want to attract a downgrade by repositioning after the last manoeuvre but feels the best option is to fly a straight line and compromise the next manoeuvre so be it. The 15° rule does apply between manoeuvres.

Ashley Hoyland

I have uploaded some photographs to the photo gallery here: http://www.gbrcaa.org/gallery/index.php?/category/1

Please let me know if there are any problems.

Results attached.

Ashley