News:

New website released (click MAIN SITE above)

Jeti 99 sudden change of arming point

Started by Tom Laird, 16, November 2017, 09:22:51 AM

« previous - next »

Tom Laird

Hi,

On Saturday my Jeti Spin 99 ESC did not arm at switch-on and I had to change the travel adjust on the low end from 104 to 140. I am about to investigate this today but any pointers as to why this would have suddenly have changed are very welcome.

I don't suppose it is as simple as air temperature as it is "freezing" in central scotland at the moment.

My only other thought is to re-cycle my Lipos as they are about 3 years old now and about 200 flights each.

thanks

Tom

Alan Wild

Digital throttle trim perhaps?
Keeping it brief,
as part of my esc set up, I leave the throttle trim at  its midpoint and "never" touch it.
One day, a nameless little boy played with my Tx when it was on, and it was only some time later that I discovered that  the throttle trim was set right at the max positive....

Tom Laird

Hi,
I had set my throttle trim to keep the motor turning only when in my stall turn mode and SPS1 enabled but I must have set something wrongly as it is also affecting my normal mode which is used for starting, so it might be related to the Stick Position Switch that I have set up. I have disabled the Stick Position Switch and the trim setting and my throttle curve until I do some further flight tests to check my batteries as I am seeing a loss of power which could be the batteries at the end of thier life, or the afforementioned messed-up settings.
best regards
Tom