News:

Next competition: 1st BMFA Centralised + UKF3A National League - 21st April - Hurley

GBRCAA Championships - BMFA Buckminster - 19th-20th May 2018

Started by Matt Hoyland, 03, January 2018, 09:02:35 PM

« previous - next »

Matt Hoyland

Quote from: Mick Broad on 11, May 2018, 08:30:05 PM
Hi Matt
Sorry Its been a long day
I have just re read the earlier post and have re-entered using the correct two day event DOH

If you would be kind enough to refund the first Payment that would be great. Assuming there's room for me I will see you next week

Regard's

Mick

Ok, no problems.  We can do that but it will be next week.

Regards,

Matt

Justin Meadows

Hi Matt,

Sorry to be a pain, do I submit the new entry form and process through to payment again ? If so will you refund the first 2 entry forms I created ?

Ive managed to sort a guest house now so wont need to include camping on the form.

Cheers,
Justin

Matt Hoyland

Hi Justin,

If you don't need camping then no need to resubmit.

Regards,

Matt

Matt Hoyland

For those travelling from the North I received the following notification from the Colsterworth Travel Lodge:-

During your stay, the Southbound side of the A1, between A607 Harlaxton and A606 Stamford will be closed overnight for maintenance between the hours of 8.00PM and 6.00AM. Access to the hotel from the Northbound side is unaffected.

If you are unable to arrive before the closure, Highways England have put diversions in place, but they are lengthy (via Melton Mowbray). This is because they can only direct traffic to A-roads so that lorries can easily travel. If you don't mind using country roads, a quick look at a map prior to travel will easily locate a quicker route.

For your information, the on-site restaurant is open from 7.00am - 3.00pm and Burger King from 10.00am - 9.00pm. There are alternatives nearby, and reception will be happy to advise.

We apologise for the inconvenience any of the above may cause. It is outside our control, but we know how stressful road closures can be, so hope this helps. We will do our best to assist if you have any questions; please ask at reception or call 01476 860336, and we will be happy to help.

Matt Hoyland

Just a few notes for this weekends competition.

• Due to the number of entries we will plan to fly 5 rounds for all competitors.  The competition will start at 9:00am on Saturday (Pilots briefing at 8:45am) finishing flying around 18:15 on Saturday.  Sunday will start at 9:00am and hopefully finish around 17:00.
  • The BMFA Team Selection competition shall be 2P, 2F and 1 Ukn (Best P + F + Ukn to count)
  • There shall be a judges and pilots briefing for the Unknown schedule on Sunday morning at 8:30
  • The Unknown schedule shall be selected on Saturday evening immediately after flying has finished using the FAI automatic schedule selector.
  • The National League events shall be 4 Preliminary Rounds and 1 Final Round (3 from 4 Preliminaries + Final to count)
  • The site will be available for practise tomorrow (Friday) after all the flight line setup etc. has been completed.  I plan to be there from around lunch time to start setting up. There maybe other sport flyers there and there will be a £6 fee to fly.

Peter Jenkins

My thanks to Matt, Ashley, Bob Ailes, Nico Bleas and the many others who made today's competition so enjoyable.  Sadly I cannot be there for day 2 but I see that the weather gods are still smiling on you for tomorrow so have another great day.

Peter

Mick Broad

Thanks to all the guys hard work to make the weekend such great fun in particular  to Gary for some great calling and critique plus Mark Alan for sterling company and advice during weekend
Cheers its for all your effort

Regards
Mick

Matt Hoyland

Please find attached the results of this weekends GBRCAA Championships (now updated), pilot scores and judging analysis.  Thanks again to everyone who made this competition a success

Mark Allen

Many thanks for those who organised and set up an excellent weekend.  My first visit to Buckminster and I was very impressed, I think the camping facilities will only get better and will make for a great weekend social next year.

Well done Mick Broad for beating your nerves and flying a great second day.

Matt, do you know if my last flight scores are available? One of the judges scores hsn't come through.

Thanks
Mark

Adrian Mansell

Top organisation, top site, top weather, top banter and no royal wedding = top comp.  Big shout out to the judges for two long and hot days in the chair.

Keith Jackson

Great competition this weekend. Sorry I couldn't stay for the Sunday. Congratulations to Matt for winning and also to Kevin for flying so well to take 2nd place; retirement obviously works well for you?

Any idea why the normalisation is the way it is and not out of 1000 points? I know the FAI code now say to normalise to the average best 50% pilots or something like that. What's the reason for this and did we vote this in at last years AGM?

Keith

Ashley Hoyland

Hi Keith

Thank you for your comments and I am sorry you had to leave early.

As far as the rules are concerned we always follow the current FAI Sporting Code and there was some discussion at the AGM.

The individual normalised score percentage is now based on the average of the top half of the scores as you say.  The reason for this is that it was thought that it is a fairer way to calculate the normalised scores as they are not now based on one pilots (the best pilots) performance.  It will not change the finishing order for a particular round but it may change which rounds are dropped. (I think).

Those who finish up with a better score than that average taken for the calculation will finish up with percentage over the 100% of course.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Ashley

Matt Hoyland

Post updated with corrected results, pilot scores and judging analysis.

Mark Allen

Keith Jackson

Quote from: Ashley Hoyland on 22, May 2018, 08:47:36 AM

The individual normalised score percentage is now based on the average of the top half of the scores as you say.  The reason for this is that it was thought that it is a fairer way to calculate the normalised scores as they are not now based on one pilots (the best pilots) performance.  It will not change the finishing order for a particular round but it may change which rounds are dropped. (I think).

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for your reply. I feel quite dumfounded by this change; surely the normalisation process was to show the clear winner in each round. By adopting this new process, the situation is now the same as if raw scores were used.

Thanks

Keith