News:

Please see posts regarding manoeuvre F-25.13

Next competition: 1st BMFA Centralised + UKF3A National League - 21st April - Hurley

Axi motor 5330 f3a v2

Started by Mick Broad, 07, January 2018, 05:22:30 PM

« previous - next »

Mick Broad

Hi All

Thank you for your assistance with this issue. After Spending a very wet day with Alan and him checking my set up I still didn't seem to be getting the right numbers so I sent the motor back for replacement. I had a new one by return of post (electricwingman) fitted and now have a solid 7200 rpm so whilst the old Axi looked fine something was a little off. I hope to fly Sat to confirm but all looks great now .
Tanks to all and thanks to Alan for his time and guidance.

Regards

Mick

Alan Wild

Glad to hear that, Mick!
It's still on the cool side, so don't forget to have your motor batteries warm when they begin the flights, and try not to get into the sub-20% capacity on each flight.

Clive Whitwood

Hi Guys,
Did anyone see the article in the RCME this month about a warming box for your batteries..
Looks like a good idea if you want to keep fling this weather. Apparently Lipos are best operated at 38Celcius.

Peter Jenkins

I use a picnic box which can be heated when in the car (or cooled for that matter) during cold periods.  Works well.  There are mains/battery models available today.

Alan Williams

I too use a picnic box, a couple of the colman small ones. Each will hold 10 5s batteries. In cold wearher i have a warm pac that can be heated in the microwave that keeps them warm when teavelling. Then just pop the discharged pnes back in after a flight to maintain heat. Not 35c but not 5c either.

Mike Wood

A moment of panic just then when glancing at your post and I thought, just for a moment, you were popping your
lipos in the microwave; all well when I read it properly!  :)

m