Beaulieu National League 6th May 2018

Started by Richard Sharman, 30, January 2018, 06:48:38 PM

« previous - next »

Richard Sharman

All Schedules.
The Beaulieu Model Flying Committee is pleased to host this competition again in 2018.
Please see www.beaulieumodelflying.org.uk for all information on the site and its operation.

Pilots with BMFA 'A' Certificates, or better, are welcome to enter this competition flying any schedule.
Visitors are very welcome please contact CD for details.
Clubman and Intermediate pilots especially welcome!

No minimum number of pilots,  maximum 18.
'Late Entries' may be accepted. A reserve list will be started at 18 (this may vary with the mix of entries).

Experienced pilots will be asked to judge.
A programme for the day including scribe duties will be published a few days before the competition.

The site will be available on Saturday 5th May for practice (non-F3A fliers may also be active)
Pilots Briefing 08.45.  First flight 09.00 (IC powered models are accceptable).

Please note:
Entry to site is at 50o 48' 05.60" N   1o 29' 27.82" W.   (There is no postcode for this location)
Beware access track may be rough.  Please proceed to carpark on right after 400metres.
There are no facilities at this site - nearest facilities are Hatchet Pond (0.5mile) and village (1mile).
The flight line is N-S and fliers face W so there is a risk of flying towards the sun after 1pm.

Clubman

Intermediate

Masters

FAI P19

Richard Sharman

UPDATE - IMPORTANT  - EVENT CANCELLED
The access track to the Beaulieu Airfield from the B3054 Lymington Road has suffered over the winter rain, frost and snow. It is now severely pot-holed, and the Forestry Commission has deemed it unsafe, although a few fliers have been using it up till now. Consequently the FC are going to close it on "safety grounds", and then arrange for it to be re-graded. It is not known when it will be open again, but it may be closed until the middle of May.
Consequently I see no alternative to cancelling the proposed Beaulieu GBRCAA event for May 6th. The airfield probably will not be open by then, and in the intervening period no one will have had a chance to practice there anyway. It seems unacceptable to me to ask people elsewhere to prepare for an event which is then cancelled.
So, my great apologies, but I am sure you will understand that these things are beyond anything which we, BMFC or GBRCAA, can control. I am very grateful for the GBRCAA's confidence in allowing us to offer this event, and our great disappointment in not being able to host it. I hope this is not too much of a blow to the GBRCAA.
I am working with the Forestry to enable some flying to be done during this period, but it seems that the airfield will not be available for general use until May. This sort of thing happens every year, but is usually over by Easter. This year is exceptional, as all Forestry work is severely delayed due to the weather, and many other car parks in the Forest also need work done.  Despite generous offers to help from us we are not permitted to intervene.
[/size]Apologies, Richard