Author Topic: Ashbourne BMFA Open Competition Sunday 10th June  (Read 701 times)

Offline Adrian Harrison

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
Ashbourne BMFA Open Competition Sunday 10th June
« on: 08, May 2018, 03:27:42 PM »
Ashbourne BMFA Open Competition Sunday 10th June

This BMFA Open Competition is the first of three BMFA Open Competitions which will select the four England Team members and the English member of the International Team to compete against teams from Ireland, Scotland and International Team in 2019 in Ireland.

All schedules will be flown and points gained will contribute to the National League standings.

Entries are welcomed from all BMFA members holding a current A certificate.

FAI P19

Brian Hoare
Adrian Harrison
Gerhard Fehringer
Keith Jackson
Ken Moss
Dan Workman
Adam Lomax
Chris Halgreen
Leslaw Przytocki

Intermediate

Phil Lewis

Judges    Peter Cappleman, Stuart Mellor

Depending upon the number of entries received there will be a minimum of 3 maybe 4 rounds flown.
Gates to the site will be open at 8.00am and then locked at 9.00am
Pilots briefing 9.15 -  First flight (electric) 9.30
A reserve list will be in operation if /when16 entries are received.

Airfield directions;
The entrance to the airfield is found on the East side of the town, off the A52 Derby road.
From the East (Derby), as you approach Ashbourne on the A52 you come to a crossroads for Osmaston (left) and Bradley (right), Lady Hole Lane. Turn onto Lady Hole lane and approximately 400yds past the first entrance on the left is the entrance to the airfield.
From the West (Leek), continue through Ashbourne following the signs for A52 Derby, do not follow AIRFIELD INDUSTRIAL ESTATE signs, again you will  approach a crossroads, turn left onto Lady Hole Lane.
PLEASE NOTE when entering the airfield please stay right of the main runway and proceed to the factory directly in front of you. If you see any signs of full size aircraft on the runway you MUST wait before proceeding.  Turn right and following the dirt track to the green hut.

CD Adrian Harrison
« Last Edit: 08, June 2018, 10:07:02 PM by Adrian Harrison »

Offline dan workman

• GBRCAA Member
  • Intermediate Class Poster
  • Flying Class: None
  • Other Status: None
Re: Ashbourne BMFA Open Competition Sunday 10th June
« Reply #1 on: 10, June 2018, 07:08:23 PM »
Just got home, great comp, nice and relaxed. Thanks to Adrian for CDing and the judges Stuart and Peter.
Shame about the cloud base this morning but still managed to get 3 rounds in!
See most of you in a couple of weeks

Offline Keith Jackson

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #2 on: 11, June 2018, 08:41:25 AM »
Just like to say a big thanks to Adrian H, Ken Moss, Brian H for helping to put on the first BMFA Open Competition at Ashbourne yesterday, especially after a difficult start caused by low cloud. Great atmosphere of relaxed cooperation throughout. Thanks also to judges Peter Cappleman and Stuart Mellor for continuing to judge both classes all through the day.

Have to say I was very impressed with standard of flying through the day which showed a great improvement through the rounds. Congratulations to Dan for taking final round of P19 and achieving the highest score for the day. To give you an indication of this I've attached my r3 scores for reference, until the official scores are posted.

All the best

Keith

Offline Adrian Harrison

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #3 on: 11, June 2018, 09:53:59 AM »
Hi attached are the results sheets from Sunday, these are just scans.
The full details of individual scores and judging analysis will be posted when I have worked out how.
Apologies for the delay.
Adrian

Offline Stuart Mellor

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
  • Flying Class: None
  • Other Status: None
« Reply #4 on: 11, June 2018, 11:21:14 AM »

Hi Keith,
Thanks for that. Incredibly tight at the top between you & Dan. Nice to see the scoresheets & some level of consistency between me & Pete.

Also - all credit to Dan for designing/ making a superb flying machine from scratch. The model flies 'light' & pointy & is obviously accurate.

Another impressive thing I noticed - Dan's positioning of manoeuvres - (this might be slightly controversial in regard to the FAI  'rules' - but believe me I'm past caring) - Manoeuvres were actually flown at a distance where they could be seen!!!! and therefore scored accurately i.e not in your face where its virtually impossible to see roundness of loops.

If all you 'see' is the profile of the fuselage and  the wings are 'invisible' in centre -manoeuvre loops and verticals, it demonstrates accurate tracking of the model & Dan managed to achieve that. A joy to watch.
« Last Edit: 11, June 2018, 10:20:52 PM by Stuart Mellor »

Offline Ashley Hoyland

• Global Moderator
  • FAI Class Poster
  • Flying Class: FAI Pilot (P)
  • Other Status: Contest Director
« Reply #5 on: 11, June 2018, 02:38:16 PM »

I have uploaded the results to the BMFA web site.

Ashley

Offline Adrian Harrison

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #6 on: 11, June 2018, 03:54:43 PM »
Thank you Ashley