News:

Please see posts regarding manoeuvre F-25.13

Next competition: 1st BMFA Centralised + UKF3A National League - 21st April - Hurley

F3A World Championship - 2019 - Italy

Started by Ashley Hoyland, 31, August 2018, 11:22:16 AM

« previous - next »

Mike Wood

Hi Graham

Normalisation originally said, give the winner of a round in front of a set of judges 1000 points
and give everyone else a percentage of 1000 points.

Why would you want to do that?

If you have two or more lines at a competition ( we used to in the UK ) and judges on line A are scoring
a little higher than those on line B, then normalising the winning score to 1000 points allows the scores
from both lines to be comparable. Another reason could be different judging panels on different days.

Well that's how it used to be done.

The current rules normalise to an average as shown in the attached snippet.

Mike

Graham Gooch

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the information and also to Peter Jenkins (who sent a response via email).

Yes, I can understand the principle but as to the logic, I'm not sure.

I guessed that it be quite ambiguous having read threads earlier.

Anyway, very well done to Matt, Kevin and Ashley for flying the British flag and competing at this level.

Graham

Serious Power

Quote from: Phil Lewis on 13, August 2019, 12:06:09 AM
Message to Kevin and Brian,

I believe these scores were calculated by the Notaumatic programme, I have that here running on the same hardware they would have used.

So if I can be of any help let me know as I can dummy the results (given the individual scores) up to see what output I get but please remember I'm currently setting this up for use at the Nats.

Phil

Hi Phil,
Thanks, but that is an awful lot of work. And maybe flogging a dead horse, at that  ;)
The prelim score sheets are available on the official web site at the bottom of the rankings page ; [size=78%]http://fiam.ilpistone.com/wc19/category/rankings/[/size]
However if I were you I would focus on your Nats efforts.

Brian

Mike Wood

Nice pictures Ashley, some interesting and varied designs!

Don't think I'd realised that they do a voltage check. Not sure I like the
look of two loose probes on a multi-meter. Okay for those using separate bullet
connectors but feel a little open to an accidental short for those with an XTxx (or alike) connector!!??

Mike

Ashley Hoyland

Mike Wood

> .... I think you worry too much Mike ....

Rofl

I think you're right!  :)

Mike

Stuart Mellor

Mike - its one of the 'don't get me started questions' . Why bother checking? On one hand the FAI have done away with the max. power requirement for F3-A & then decide on checking voltages  - to make sure you haven't got too much power!
Barmy - when they also check model weight to 5kg max.
Stuart
ps - the max. FAI voltage limit for models is way higher than stipulated for F3-A.

Mike Wood

Hi Stuart

Good point about getting rid of max power, it's controlled by the 5kg limit as you say.

You're right, it's a "don't get me started" like 5kg for electric and 5kg plus fuel for IC ;)

On multi-meter probes, it's one thing under controlled conditions on the bench but another
when fiddling about inside a model at a competition. As Ashley mentions, I do worry about just
about anything that can go wrong or fail and added to your point, seemingly rather redundant.
(I wonder which *bright spark* thought it required  ;) )

Mike

Ashley Hoyland

I believe I have now completed the photograph upload to our photo gallery.

Thank you to those who have followed our progress and particularly those who we met in Italy.

Ashley

Peter Jenkins

Hi Ashley, there appears to be some corruption on the team photo for this World Champs.  It returns an error but this year's photo is shown against last year's Euros.

Peter

Ashley Hoyland

Thanks Peter

Removed my message - will post again when it works.

Ashley

Ashley Hoyland

Following Peter Jenking's message, (thank you Peter) I needed to do some more work on the file but now I can say I have updated the archive files.

http://www.gbrcaa.org/?page_id=131    go to - 

Ashley