News:

Next competition: 1st BMFA Centralised + UKF3A National League - 21st April - Hurley

NEW SKELBROOKE NATIONAL LEAGUE COMPETITION DATE: SUNDAY THE 7TH APRIL

Started by Bob Rowland, 14, January 2019, 11:18:40 AM

« previous - next »

Bob Rowland

**This is now a Sunday Comp**

All Schedules.
Pilots with BMFA 'A' Certificate are welcome to enter this competition.
Visitors are very welcome please contact CD for details.  (Please note, there are no facilities at this site).

Pilots Briefing 09.45.  First flight 10.00.
I aim to fly 3 rounds.
'Late Entries' will be accepted but a reserve list may be started at 16. (this number may vary with the mix of entries).

I will issue the flying order with judges and scribe duties nearer the time when I know our full entry list.  (To be confirmed nearer the time).

Clubman and Intermediate pilots especially welcome!

Competition entry http://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/ejdRolp3f4Txck19 

Map and Directions are attached

CD Bob Rowland Mobile - 07368 521164

Clubman
Andy Shutt - Confirmed
Rob Wressell - Confirmed
Matt Bacon - withdrawn 14/3/19

Intermediate
John Morton - Confirmed

Masters
Alan Williams - Confirmed

FAI P19
Thomas David - confirmed
Adrian Harrison - withdrawn 5/4/19
Ken Moss - withdrawn 2/3/19
Matt Hoyland - confirmed
Ashley Hoyland - Confirmed
Chris Halgreen - Confirmed

Judges
Stuart Mellor
Peter Scholes

Bob Rowland

Reminder for everyone about this comp.
I know it's early in the season but........
I have booked great weather.
We have 2 judges in the seats.
And a warm Yorkshire welcome.......

So dig deep and send me your entry.

Cheers
Bob

Ashley Hoyland

Please can I ask that you support this competition at Skelbrooke and help Bob run a successful competition on his return to be Contest Director.

It will be a chance to see the new score recording system in operation and Bob always organises some good weather for our traditional first competition of the season.

I hope to see you there.

Ashley

Bob Rowland

Bob Rowland

Gents
The comp will be going ahead next week (as long as the weather doesn't spoil itself)
I am looking forward to seeing you all.

Please note - there are no facilities on site.

I will be onsite from 8am.

Kind Regards
Bob

Thomas David

Hello,

I'm really looking forward to this comp. Would I be able to get a few flights on the field on Saturday?

Thanks very much,

Tom

Bob Rowland

Hi Thomas
Sorry - I can't make it over on Saturday so I can't permit you to fly.

Looking forward to meeting you on Sunday

Kind Regards
Bob

Thomas David

Matt Hoyland

Thanks to Bob for a great competition today.

Results attached.

Alan Williams

Mike rieder

Thanks for letting me have a look in today and your help/ advice from all i talked to. Great to see some quality flying.
Mike

Andy Shutt

My thanks go to Bob for his time and work in organising and running the competition yesterday and thanks go to Stuart and Peter for taking the time to come along and judge the competition, greatly appreciated.

Also I thank the Skelbrook Club for allowing us to use there great flying field.

Final thanks to the other competitors for making the day a really enjoyable competition.

Andy

Ashley Hoyland

Great day yesterday Thank you all.

I have uploaded some photographs to the photogallery here:  http://www.gbrcaa.org/gallery/index.php?/category/294

Please let me know of any problems/errors.

Ashley

Stuart Mellor

Good comp yesterday thanks to Bob, Matt & Ashley & good start to the season. Also nice to judge alongside 'old' colleague Pete Scoles.

Yesterday was the first time we had used the new notaumatic scoring system so I thought a few comments might be in order:

Judging experience: Once set up by the C.D. the system is remarkably easy to use. Automatic prompting of the next manoeuvre ( with a typical Sat Nav voice) is a real bonus & you don't get the next prompt until you've entered a score. Excellent.

Only downside is  - there is no scribe if something goes wrong or you are unsure of a particular element in a manoeuvre - so it pays to have a backup paper scoresheet available. Another bonus is that, as well as the scores immediately forwarded by wifi (i.e. magic) to the computer, scores can be seen in real time on a smart phone app.

Also the machine prints out the scores immediately after a flight - so the scores could be handed to the competitor as he's leaving the line.
Only downside is schedules can only be changed (currently) by the C.D.  - which was the only cause of minor delays. Perhaps in the future software mods may allow the judges to select the schedules & round numbers directly from the notaumatic.

All in all a definite improvement & can only get better.

Matt Hoyland

Apologies for the delay, still learning how to use the new system, individual score sheets attached.