Author Topic: Mansfield - 4th August 2019  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Adam Lomax

• GBRCAA Member
  • Intermediate Class Poster
  • Flying Class: FAI Pilot (P&F)
  • Other Status: Supporter
Mansfield - 4th August 2019
« on: 31, January 2019, 09:07:08 pm »
This competition is open to all BMFA members holding an A certificate.

All GBR/CAA schedules to be flown

CLUBMAN 
Matt Bacon
Mike Rieder

INTERMEDIATE
Philip Lewis
Duncan Cowell

MASTERS 
Chris Bond

FAI P19
Adam Lomax
Keith Jackson
Dan Workman
Garry Peacock
Eugene Anker
Ken Moss
Adrian Harrison

Chris Halgreen

Judges: Stuart Mellor and Peter Scoles

Pilots briefing: 8:45am First flight: 9:00am

Please let me know if you would like to judge this competition. If we cannot find another judge then we will use pilot judges. 

Site location; GPS coordinates of the gate : 53 deg  11'  14.6''N,  1 deg  08'  23. Gate is on South side of the A6075.From Mansfield A38, head for Mansfield Woodhouse, picking up the A6075 "Mansfield Road" to Edwinstowe, as you pass the Redbrick Hotel on your left the entrance is directly at the end of the forest trees on your right.
« Last Edit: 02, August 2019, 06:36:47 pm by Adam Lomax »

Offline Stuart Mellor

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
  • Flying Class: None
  • Other Status: None
Re: Mansfield - 4th August 2019
« Reply #1 on: 02, July 2019, 11:27:18 am »
More entries please!

Deluxe refreshments, sandwiches, etc (with crusts cut off & thumb prints removed, naturally,) once again supplied by our in house caterers....
« Last Edit: 13, July 2019, 06:28:18 pm by Stuart Mellor »

Offline Matt Bacon

• GBRCAA Member
  • Clubman Class Poster
  • Flying Class: Clubman Pilot
« Reply #2 on: 21, July 2019, 09:12:27 pm »
Hi Adam,
I put my name down for the comp on the 7th May and paid by PayPal at the same time.  Can you please check this out - as I see that I am not on your list?

Cheers,
Matt

Offline Adam Lomax

• GBRCAA Member
« Reply #3 on: 21, July 2019, 10:35:10 pm »
Sorry Matt! I must have missed that one.

We could still do with a few more entries in the next week if possible please  :)

Offline Stuart Mellor

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #4 on: 23, July 2019, 11:08:15 am »

Still time to enter! Comp is viable  - no judging costs - but a few more entries would be nice. If your entry is in the pipe line, please let Adam know so the caterers can finalise their arrangements and Phil can input names into the notaumatic system in good time.
Stuart

Offline Mike rieder

• Clubman Class Poster
  • Other Status: Clubman Pilot
« Reply #5 on: 23, July 2019, 12:59:07 pm »
Hi Adam, can you put me down for Clubman, thanks. form and payment made online.

Offline Adam Lomax

• GBRCAA Member
« Reply #6 on: 25, July 2019, 06:12:24 am »
No problem Mike  :)

If anyone else has entered and doesn't see their name on the list please drop me a message. My junk filter has been blocking GBR/CAA emails recently.

Offline Stuart Mellor

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #7 on: 27, July 2019, 07:00:48 pm »
Hi - we might need a gene as the notaumatics are giving problems. Has anyone got one they could bring?

There are 2 gates - small gate is ok for cars - but camper vans will probably need the big gate.  - if its not open, please wait & it should be open for 8.00am.

ps - Just to be clear for your Sat Navs - gate coords are  53 deg 11' 14.6" N,   1 deg 08' 23"W    (OR 53.1874, -1.1398)
West (W)  was missing from  original coords. Field is approx. 1/2 mile down lane.
« Last Edit: 01, August 2019, 03:59:57 pm by Stuart Mellor »

Offline Keith Jackson

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #8 on: 04, August 2019, 06:44:00 pm »
Hi All,

Just to say thanks to Adam and the Mansfield club for running a great competition today. Good to catch up with some old acquaintances and also meet some new ones! Big thanks also to my long suffering caller Adrian H who certainly helped many pilots today not only with calling but lots of help and advice.

All the best

Keith

Online Phil Lewis

• GBRCAA Member
  • Advanced Class Poster
  • Flying Class: Intermediate Pilot
« Reply #9 on: 04, August 2019, 08:56:05 pm »
Mansfield results, if anything is missing or there is anything else you want to know please let me know by Wednesday or the data will be wiped to start loading information for the nationals.

Another great day, thank you to Mansfield Club for making us feel so welcome and thank you all those who judged as well and Adam for agreeing to CD the competition.

Phil
« Last Edit: 04, August 2019, 08:57:46 pm by Phil Lewis »

Offline Mike rieder

• Clubman Class Poster
  • Other Status: Clubman Pilot
« Reply #10 on: 05, August 2019, 09:36:52 am »
Just to add my thanks, everything seemed very laid back and easy (which means all the prep must have been put in place for it to be that way).
A really friendly Club with a lot of support from members, thanks for organizing Adam.

I personally found it very challenging flying. I didnt seem to be able to settle which really put me off and as i was being blow out all the time and didnt correct enough so struggled, which meant the brain didnt keep up and i made silly mistakes.
I had a reasonably good last flight which i was please with but again a silly mistake of not putting in the rate switch for the spin was annoying.
Its confirmed to me that i need to keep going in Clubman till i have got the basics and can cope with the wind better.

Thanks to all (which was probably most of the competitors) for your advice and help as always. The learning curve at comps is huge due to your support.

Offline Stuart Mellor

• GBRCAA Member
  • FAI Class Poster
« Reply #11 on: 05, August 2019, 11:15:03 am »
Hi Mike, glad you enjoyed it yesterday. Re your 'wind' problems! - there are only 2 days a year when the wind at Mansfield is blowing out & yesterday was one of 'em! It was also variable from zero to gusty, sometimes during a flight - so could appreciate your difficulty. On the other 363 days -its straight down the strip of course.

Offline Adam Lomax

• GBRCAA Member
« Reply #12 on: 07, August 2019, 08:22:36 pm »
Did anyone noticed the camera attached to Duncan’s plane? Here is the footage from it, an interesting perspective!  :)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=30pcmKkzuZA

Offline Richard Clouting

• GBRCAA Member
  • Clubman Class Poster
« Reply #13 on: 08, August 2019, 07:40:35 am »
Thank you for putting up Duncans video Adam.
Most enlightening point I take from it, is the lack of aileron movements during the flight.
Reinforces my initial thoughts that it’s as important to trim the model to fly straight as it is to be able to fly it straight.
Much to Peter Jenkins annoyance I have to continually fly my Axiome 70BP as it only flies straight unattended for 3 seconds in any attitude. I am continuously inputting aileron control as well as rudder and elevator as left alone it will drift off in any direction it feels like.

So it’s off to the field in the clam this evening to try and persuade the model to fly straight on its own.

Richard.