News:

Please see posts regarding manoeuvre F-25.13

Next competition: 1st BMFA Centralised + UKF3A National League - 21st April - Hurley

NPOD Leicester 4th May 2019

Started by Chris Bond, 11, March 2019, 05:30:23 PM

« previous - next »

Chris Bond

This will be at the LMAC site near Foxton Locks in Leicestershire. Pre entry required at £8 which will include all the tea and coffee you care to have on the day and the use of free lipo charging points from mains electric.

This is a taster day for pilots wishing to fly aerobatic schedules at the beginning of their F3a journey and will be an extremely relaxed affair. We will be flying off the peg one at a time with no set order. You can fly as much or as little as you wish on the day.  F3a mentors will be available for each flight and we will be using the Aerobatic box.

Flying at 9.00 am until 5.00pm.

Flight line will be closed between 1pm and 2pm during which mentors will be permitted to fly.

At 3pm we will bring out the judges chairs and anyone wishing to be scored on the Clubman schedule can do so. There will be no competitive  element on the day. 

Insurance and Noise checks will be in place 82db at 7m

Pilots

Jim Smetherham
Jim Hitch
Neil Martin
Edward Down
Neal Shave
Phil Smith
Dave Blake
Denis Lambe
R Hartley   LMAC
T Hartley   LMAC
Duncan Cowell
Paul Day

Mentors

Adrian Harrison
Alan Williams
Phil Lewis
Mick Broad

Adrian Harrison

Hi Chris,

Happy to help out during the day whatever capacity.

Adrian

Alan Williams

Me too, if you need another assistant, let me know. I can do a session on 5 easy ways to XXXX up your canopy and how to avoid them!!!
Al.W

Chris Bond

Thank you Chaps I have you booked in.
Al,  you are not on your own I am aware of many canopy tales  - no names though  :)

Phil Lewis

Hi Chris,

I also can help out if I can be of any use to you, (sorry if I don't have the required canopy tales to tell though).

Phil

Jim Smetherham

Hi,
I am about to dip my toes into the F3a waters. Peter Jenkins pointed out to me this NPOD date. I have ordered an FMS Olympus which should be here next week. (I really liked the fantasista but thought it best to start with something a little less ambitious). This means that at best I will have had only a maximum of 6 weeks with the model by 4th may. Probably still trying to get it trimmed properly.😇
Is it worth attending and if so should I bring the Olympus.?
Jim

Chris Bond

Hi Jim,

Yes absolutely worth it.  The idea of the day is to provide the help and guidance appropriate to you. We will have mode one and mode two mentors and they will be able to help with trimming no end.

Chris

Jim Smetherham

Thank you. Do I have to pre register and pay the fee in advance. How do I do this. I couldn't see an application form but I may be looking in the wrong place. Many thanks
Jim

Jim Smetherham

My Olympus arrived this morning so I would definitely like to come to the NPOD on 4th. Can you advise me  if I have a place and how to pay etc as soon as you can because I think I will travel up the day before and need to book a hotel for the night.
Jim

Chris Bond

Hi Jim,

I have a place reserved for you. The event will go ahead subject to weather and having enough pilots registered. I will be in touch re payment in a few weeks.

Chris

Stuart Mellor

Chris - I thought there was only me left on mode 1!

Steve Hunt

Electronic Payment form for this NPoD can be accessed via the attached link:

https://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/r8e58VZRe960hK765ScI

Chris - NPoD entry report and confirmation of payments received via the attached link:

https://app.emailmeform.com/builder/reports/NX0r7BISanK7

Steve

shaven

Hi - I'm really looking forward to this event and meeting everyone.  I'm practising heavily for my B at the mo and really enjoy aerobatics so can't wait.  Many thanks in advance to all those involved in the organisation and giving up your time to mentor us all.

Neal

Jim Smetherham

Just looked at met office weather forecast for Leicester for Saturday and it doesn't look too good. Gusts of 30mph.
Will the event still be held. I have had to book a hotel for Friday so if there is any chance that weather would be a factor I will need to pull out and cancel hotel so it doesn't cost me
Jim