News:

Please see posts regarding manoeuvre F-25.13

Next competition: 1st BMFA Centralised + UKF3A National League - 21st April - Hurley

RX battery consumption

Started by Graham T Martin, 04, April 2019, 10:31:09 AM

« previous - next »

Graham T Martin

Hello everyone.

I am looking to get back into F3a and to that end, have pulled from the loft my Enigma and Twister. Dz160 and DZ170 powered.

I am upgrading the Rx batteries to lipo, and am wondering what the ballpark capacity drain per flight is likely to be.

As I don't want to pull the aircraft to bits, would look at 4-5 flights without recharging.

What would you recommend?

Regards

Graham

Nigel Armstrong

My models are electric. For the receiver power supply I use a Digital Switch /regulator and a 850mAh 2 cell Lipo.  I replace the battery after six flights.

Graham T Martin

Hi Nigel

Wow, only around 100mah per flight.
Saves me putting in a 2200 brick.
Think I will start with 1600's and see where I am, with the extra  vibration from the YS on the JR digi servo's

Thanks

Graham

Keith Jackson

Hi Graham,
If you are using an IC engine, the vibration it causes will make the servos work much harder and consequently draw more power. My Axiome on a YS200 CD uses a TP480 2S pack each flight for safety. This also feeds the CDi system and after an 8 min flight, will have used ~ 250 mAh, of which 175 mAh is attributable to the radio equipment. So for six flights I would guess a 1200 mAh pack would be ok as long as you monitored its level as you went along

Best wishes

Keith

Graham T Martin

Thanks Keith.

I have opted for a 1600 2s receiver pack in both, and a remote balance plug to monitor the capacity being used.

I have put a separate 1300 2s for the spark on the YS 170.

There seems to be no weight penalty including the regulators, against the original packs.

Now all I need to do is get myself up to the standard of the aircraft.😊

Thanks for the input.

Regards all

Graham Martin