News:

New website released (click MAIN SITE above)

Cold Draft, 2m Monoplane

Started by Thomas David, 29, September 2019, 10:24:02 AM

« previous - next »

Thomas David

Here are some pictures of the new plane I'm working on. Fuselage shape inspired by the Chilli Breeze, hence the name.

Thomas David

A few more:

Mike Wood

Looks like the design is simplifying the construction and I like the self jigging flying surfaces!

Great name for the U.K. too!

Mike

Peter Jenkins

Hats off to you guys who design and build your own 2 mtr F3A machines!  Hope it turns out to be a success Thomas.

Mike Wood

Kinda gives one the bug to do it!

Not going to happen any time soon for moi though.

Mike

Mike Wood

Hi Tom

I was wondering what thickness the balsa sheets are for the fuselage?

Thanks

Mike

Thomas David

Thanks both,

I took Dan's advice and used 3/32 contest grade for pretty much everything, just a few bits of ply round the front end and the interfaces.

Mike, you are correct. The idea of the design is to be easy to build and to modify.

Thomas David

Bit of progress today, things will slow down a bit from now on unfortunately as I start a new job tomorrow.

Mike Wood

Looking good .... good luck in the new job!

m

Thomas David

I've managed to make a little progress over the last few days, just a load of little jobs left now and a pair of wings to build.

Mike Wood

Simon Clark

Hi Tom,
Looks great! Can I ask what CAD software you are using?
Thanks
Simon

Arun Horne

Quote from: SimonC on 03, October 2019, 12:57:43 PM
Hi Tom,
Looks great! Can I ask what CAD software you are using?
Thanks
Simon

Autodesk Fusion 360. It's free for personal use and very powerful...

Simon Clark

Hi Arun,
Thanks for that - Have just downloaded OK and it looks good. Now I have to learn how to use it!
BR
Simon

Thomas David

Hi Simon. If you send me your email address I can share this design with you. It's all a bit of a mess as I was learning as I went but it should give you a few ideas.