News:

New website released (click MAIN SITE above)

Lexicon. New 2020 project.

Started by Dan Workman, 22, December 2019, 12:45:09 AM

« previous - next »

Peter Jenkins

Wow! 

Ever thought of making a You Tube video on "how to build an F3A airframe" with a bit of commentary on the difficult bits?  Or, is that your's to know and our's to guess about?

Jerzy Slowikowski

Very nice building Dan, last time I did a similar build was a Phil Kraft 'Super Fli' about 25 years ago. Keep the photos coming.

Dan Workman

Quote from: Peter Jenkins on 12, January 2020, 12:33:30 PM
Wow! 

Ever thought of making a You Tube video on "how to build an F3A airframe" with a bit of commentary on the difficult bits?  Or, is that your's to know and our's to guess about?

Maybe for the next one. I do have a face for radio though...

Dan Workman

Finished the fin, now to get it off the board and crack on with the bottom

GootS

its looking soooo good. Love what you did with the Fin LE.

Dan Workman

Cheers. Although i cant take credit for the idea, i used Adrian Mansells method he descibed in his thread for his own design.

Sheeting the bottom now, this is going to be a bit tricky because of the tight curve up to the nose. I found with the myvec and skyline, the planks had to be soaked for the bottom/nose planking to get round the bend. As long as you dont want to finish it in one evening its not so bad 😀

Dan Workman

Apart from a couple of things, the fuz is pretty much there now.

Dan Workman

Peter Jenkins

Looks sooo good, it's a shame you have to hide all that workmanship!

Stuart Mellor

Looking good Dan. Did you 'just' modify your last model cad files & just swept the wings?
ps - your shed could do with another coat of something.

Dan Workman

Yeah i know about the shed, my wife reminds me about it every year!

No its all new, i thought about using the myvec fuz but i would've had to redesign a lot because of the different wing position- the root is a lot further forward. Also, i wanted to change the profile of the fuz so i just started from scratch.

Mike Wood

> ... ps - your shed could do with another coat of something

You've got your priorities right though  ;)

Mike

Dan Workman

Its taken a while to get to this point. Little bits on the fuselage have taken longer than i thought they would.
The wings are 90% finished, just the ailerons to cut out. They currently weigh in at 280g so im hoping for a rtf weight of about 375g. I'll be happy with that as they seem a bit chunkier than a 'normal' set of wings

Stuart Mellor

Hi Dan - you obviously forgot about Aerobatics rule - 7.8.9 (ii)  -The last 10% takes 90% of the time.

Looking very good - looking forward to seeing it at the comps.

ps - what have you done about CG & battery position -re the swept wing?

pps -Henry's looking a bit intimidated with all that ju**  er stuff surrounding him.

Simon Clark

Hi Dan,
Fantastic work! Out of interest what do you use for the wing tube and sleeves and where do you get them from?
Thanks
Simon