News:

New website released (click MAIN SITE above)

Nats 2007

Started by Stuart Mellor, 16, July 2007, 10:21:31 PM

« previous - next »

RichardHirst

Hi.

Does anybody know the the times for the TX testing on Saturday Morning..?

Thanks

Richard.

Ashley Hoyland

Hi Richard

Friday 5.00pm to 8.00pm

Saturday 7.00am to 9.00am and 6.00pm to 6.30pm

Sunday 7.30am to 8.00am.

F3A frequencies 59, 63, 65, 67 only + 2.4 GHZ

Standard 3" x 2" frequency flags must be used - no ribbons.

Early morning access for Tx check will be through the day gate.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards

Ashley

Keith Jackson

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the info.

See you Saturday morning

Keith

clintonsmith89

Hi stuart
dont suppose u could let in on how many people are flying in advanced ?

cheers

clint

Stuart Mellor

Hi Clint & all,
All Nats entrants listed below - subject to change & NOT in flight order (apart from Intermediate)
FAI group A fly 1st, then Masters, Advanced, Inter, Clubman & Group B FAI

FAI Group A -  Steven Currie  65, Malcolm Balfour 67, Matthew Hoyland 63,
Sam Wragg    65, David Balfour 67, Arthur Silsby 65, Garry Peacock 67

Masters - Tom Bootyman 59, Ashley Hoyland 65

Advanced  - Clinton Smith 67,  Peter Scoles 65, Steve Dunning 63, Alan Connelly 65,
Robbie Meek 59, Mike Binnersley 63,

Intermediate -  James Stephens 63

Clubman - Robert Rowland 65, Gavin Garlick 59

FAI Group B - Andrew Waterhouse 63, Keith Jackson 65, Brian Hoare 59, John Harrop 65, Robert Wasson 63, Brandon Ransley 65, Ken Moss 65, Richard Hirst 63,
Richard Christopher 65

regrds
Stuart

clintonsmith89

cheers stuart

aslong as we all pray for good weather, it should go brill !

clint

Stuart Mellor

Hi Richard, Brandon & all,
Yes I'm well aware of implications of splitting FAI fliers ito groups. Whatever a CD does at the Nats upsets someone!
The reasons for this are several:
Firstly to give the FAI judges a decent break (as the Chief Judge asked for). I agree with Bob that asking the same judges to judge 16 flights in a row won't produce better results than giving them a decent break & then sitting down again refreshed. The alternative would require more short breaks & make the round longer  -something we can't afford to do time wise. I want to minimise "breaks" & keep flying to 6.00 pm. I want to start round 3 on Saturday if possible. This will provide a rotation in FAI & hopefully weather conditions will be averaged out  - if we achieve sufficient flights. If it rains & we don't complete 2 rounds on Saturday, then some classes will be flying on different days in the same round anyway.
The only way we will all be happy is for 3 days of fine weather & light winds & its not happened yet!
regrds Stuart

brandon ransley

Stuart Mellor

Malcolm & David,

Nae problem,  I've put you in the same group.

regrds
Stuart
ps - will take my own poles this year

Stuart Mellor

Hi all,
Flight order will be available Friday evening. A copy will be available in the tent or, please ring my mobile number after 6.00 pm (number on info leaflet sent out to all competitors)
Order will be:
Group A FAI
Masters, Intermediate, Clubman
Group B FAI
Advanced.
This will ensure that the FAI judges can judge each FAI group with no stoppages & have a substantial break whilst flier-judges judge other classes. Along with flying until 6.00 pm & starting round 3 on Saturday (if weather permits) this should ensure that we achieve the maximum number of flights possible - above all, what competitors really want at the Nationals.

best regards
Stuart

Malcolm Balfour

Weather looks awesome for the weekend 8)

Should be a cracking comp

Malc

Yoda

Be mindful of your teachings young padawan. Ready you are.

macleod

you pure bloods crack me up :-* Good LUCK brothers :-*

Yoda

Amen to that pilgrim!

Best of luck to all competitors but especially the Scots in the form of Malcolm, David and the two Currie brothers. I hear another pilot is getting choppered in 1 min after pilots briefing starts. Rumour has it he flys Oxalys with a brand spanking new 170 and eats lipos for breakfast.

Andy Prime