News:

New website released (click MAIN SITE above)

Bifintiy. New plane for 2022

Started by Dan Workman, 30, November 2021, 01:01:28 PM

« previous - next »

Dan Workman

Started a new build last night, a new biplane for next year. Going to be powered by an Akiba drive contra.
They'll be a few unusual features with this one, but until i know they'll work i wont put them on here 😁
One thing that has always put me off a bipe is the assembly time, hopefully i've addressed this issue with this one. Out the car and flying within 2mins!
Im sure its not an issue for most people but for me i get like a 45min window to fly in, so if 20 mins of that is taken up by assembly and disassembly, it becomes a problem.
Anyway, heres a few pics of the start of the build..

Mike Wood

Looks fab already!

Just curious about the 45 min flying window? Wondering how many flights you get into that?

Mike

Graham Gooch

Dan Workman

Quote from: Mike Wood on 30, November 2021, 01:12:28 PM
Looks fab already!

Just curious about the 45 min flying window? Wondering how many flights you get into that?

Mike

4 flights i aim for. Its not ideal obviously, but its better than nothing.
Not saying thats the case every time i go flying but its not far off.

Mike Wood

Okay ... I'm taking way too long to get four flights!

Thanks Dan

Richard Clouting

Will you have the wings on before Lewis Hamilton wins another world championship? ;D

Dan Workman

Russ Bowey

Have you got any CAD drawings you can share Dan?

Is would be interesting to see what you're aiming for, to appreciate the build process...

Peter Jenkins

Impressive as ever Dan.  Do you build in 45 min slots as well?

Richard Clouting

Dan, just a thought, you could trade the Mondeo in for a transit Luton, then transport the plane in one piece?

Worked for me - I only have 60" to transport though :-\

Dan Workman

Quote from: Russ Bowey on 30, November 2021, 08:35:41 PM
Have you got any CAD drawings you can share Dan?

Is would be interesting to see what you're aiming for, to appreciate the build process...

I only have 2d drawings, they're on my laptop so i'll see if i can get them on here. I'll prob have most of it framed up before that though!

Dan Workman

Quote from: Peter Jenkins on 30, November 2021, 11:49:20 PM
Impressive as ever Dan.  Do you build in 45 min slots as well?

Can be anything from 10mins up to a few hours. Fit it in when i can, usually when everyone's gone to bed!

Dan Workman

Quote from: Richard Clouting on 01, December 2021, 07:10:50 AM
Dan, just a thought, you could trade the Mondeo in for a transit Luton, then transport the plane in one piece?

Worked for me - I only have 60" to transport though :-\

I know people who do do that. Would make life a lot easier!
I will ask my wife tonight and let you know what she says 😂

Stuart Mellor

Perhaps better to mention it in the morning Dan. Have you learnt nothing - Never at night!

Dan Workman

Few more pics of the nose/canopy area. Everything seems to fit so far, which is nice.
Will sheet it all, take it off the board then build the bottom decking which includes the lower wing and u/c mount.